Jollie to EU

EORH

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're joking Cliff?

I'm saying nowt.

I would expect them to fly Economy within Europe. How do we find out if they really do?

(It's different on long haul flights)

Would it be acceptable on long haul flights? You could argue they're going to meetings etc. and need to arrive fresh but leaving a day earlier and staying overnight in a hotel would be far cheaper than the difference between the Business class and economy fares, or even Premium economy for that matter. A night in a hotel bed would be be more restful than a fold flat bed in business class.

You're joking Cliff?

I'm saying nowt.

I would expect them to fly Economy within Europe. How do we find out if they really do?

(It's different on long haul flights)

Would it be acceptable on long haul flights? You could argue they're going to meetings etc. and need to arrive fresh but leaving a day earlier and staying overnight in a hotel would be far cheaper than the difference between the Business class and economy fares, or even Premium economy for that matter. A night in a hotel bed would be be more restful than a fold flat bed in business class.

I don't know. Suppose day early + hotel is an option, yes. Depends on what financial value is attached to one working day of an honourable member or other government employee. Also depends on what fare deals they can get.

Personally, anything short haul I usually fly economy as you'd have to be a right cunt to insist on business class for a couple of hours in the air. Makes no sense. Long haul I like my flatbed seat and the champers service. It adds to the experience, especially when going on holiday, but then I'm not getting my ticket paid for by the taxpayer. Maybe one of the first FoI requests could be on travel arrangements?

Archived