Looks like the burglars are back!

samster

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

"They weren't true manx" - Rushen Spy probably

I actually said they probably are locals and all this "they're back" stuff is nonsense as they've probably never left.

Whether or not they're Manx is a whole different subject and not one I care to go into. Let's just agree that there are lots of "local" pond life.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kopek said:

....... but don't thePolice pretty well know who the local baddies are? Who to go looking for? Keep an eye on six of them and sooner or later they would catch them with the Swag?

Of course, it could have been a couple of rogue police, if there are any????? :whistling:

No. They have already done that one. I remember it well.

Didn't it end up improving local driving standards ?:ph34r:

7 hours ago, piebaps said:

There may be for you, but for us members of the public it simply means that nobody was caught. This also means they're still out there.

As for your last sentence that's just internet horseshit. Its sounds like a school playground. "I know something that you don't know ner ner ner".  If you can't contribute to the thread because you're privy to information which you're contractually unable to disclose, then don't contribute. You sound like Rob fecking Callister with the old "I'm so important I know something you don't" bullshit. You retired. Your working knowledge was current until the day you left the job. From then on you are just a civvy like the rest of us.

I am indeed a civilian, but at the start of your rant you position me as something else. I was still a member of the Constabulary then, and know what happened. With what I had posted, I’d hope it was pretty clear as to generally what took place, but the reason I won’t elaborate further is not some “mightier than thou” sneering, more that it would mean explaining in depth matters the SIO had determined not to do at the time as part of his investigation policy. 

If it is likely to affect current or past operations, then you won’t find me going into it chapter and verse. The Oath doesn’t stop applying the day you walk out the door. 

Hope that helps - but thanks for the feedback regardless.

Have to get an MHK to ask the question in the Keys then? Jasonnnnnn.

...but then, what possible harm could it do to explain to the public, that you know who it was but could not find enough evidence against them? It should have kept them 'quiet' and assure the public. It could also have led tp one or more being named on social media and led to fingerpoiinting as an interim punishment?

10 hours ago, piebaps said:

There may be for you, but for us members of the public it simply means that nobody was caught. This also means they're still out there.

As for your last sentence that's just internet horseshit. Its sounds like a school playground. "I know something that you don't know ner ner ner".  If you can't contribute to the thread because you're privy to information which you're contractually unable to disclose, then don't contribute. You sound like Rob fecking Callister with the old "I'm so important I know something you don't" bullshit. You retired. Your working knowledge was current until the day you left the job. From then on you are just a civvy like the rest of us.

I think 'tool of the North' is a more apt name for this fuckwit and his ranty pants.

Should be relatively easy to nip any resulting spate of burglaries in the bud then. Keep a very visible eye on the half dozen who were arrested and released last time and throw them in the back of the van at the slightest sign of an offence, however minor.

Or get someone from across to come over and take them for a trip in a boat and drop them off somewhere between Peel and Ireland. Are police forces allowed to do that here? I know it works in Mexico, I've seen it on the telly. 

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

Should be relatively easy to nip any resulting spate of burglaries in the bud then. Keep a very visible eye on the half dozen who were arrested and released last time and throw them in the back of the van at the slightest sign of an offence, however minor.

Or get someone from across to come over and take them for a trip in a boat and drop them off somewhere between Peel and Ireland. Are police forces allowed to do that here? I know it works in Mexico, I've seen it on the telly. 

You’d think it would be that easy wouldn’t you. 

Archived