UK Election 2015 - From IOM Perspective ?

pongo

UK Election 2015  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW I will be voting UKIP over here unless strategic voting is needed to ensure Labour do not gain the seat for the constituency in which I now live.

So a recent immigrant to the UK is going to vote UKIP to try and prevent more immigrants coming to the UK.

Am I alone in seeing that as rather poor form?

FWIW I will be voting UKIP over here unless strategic voting is needed to ensure Labour do not gain the seat for the constituency in which I now live.

So a recent immigrant to the UK is going to vote UKIP to try and prevent more immigrants coming to the UK.

Hardly an immigrant, I am British by the rules of Grandfathering.

The UK is full, actually overfull, and is being bled dry by a bunch of scroungers who are colonising the place and refusing to integrate, in fact engaging in attacks against the host nation.

I LIKE what UKIP offer. I like it very much.

Interestingly I know a few other Manx people who now reside in England and who are planning on voting UKIP. I wonder if UKIP has given any consideration to what its policies are in relation to the Crown Dependencies and the Commonwealth Realms.

The UK is full, actually overfull, and is being bled dry by a bunch of scroungers who are colonising the place and refusing to integrate, in fact engaging in attacks against the host nation.

Whether the first part of your first sentence is true I don't know, but the second part is a total myth. The immigrant population uses the UK's public services less and pay more tax than their UK demographic equivalent and benefit the country far more than the population as a whole which is on average far older, welfare dependent and sicker.

The scroungers are the natives who refuse to do the manual jobs the immigrants are coming in to do.

UKIP have very little to offer - they're a one tune band who blame all society's woes on outsiders.

That is categorically false.

Whether the first part of your first sentence is true I don't know, but the second part is a total myth. The immigrant population uses the UK's public services less and pay more tax than their UK demographic equivalent and benefit the country far more than the population as a whole which is on average far older, welfare dependent and sicker.

The scroungers are the natives who refuse to do the manual jobs the immigrants are coming in to do.

UKIP have very little to offer - they're a one tune band who blame all society's woes on outsiders.

That is categorically false.

mostly wrong on all counts.

EU membership and uncontrolled immigration into the UK has been and continues to be an unmitigated disaster.

The best we can hope for is a Labour / SNP alliance. But I'm worried Miliband might have blown that.

A Labour minority Govt, might be ok.

The last Labour Government ran out steam, but the Tories have been a disaster and that's with the Lib Dem's holding back their madder ideas.

The best we can hope for is a Labour / SNP alliance.

Do you mean we-IOM or we-GB+islands in general ? What I mean is - do you feel that is best for UK and also best for IOM ?

erm... humanity in general would be better off.

I don't really see the distinction, the World's a better place because Obama's in power not Bush. The Tories have a narrow world view they always restrict freedom and opportunity. So the world is better off with out them. That includes the Island, because their restrictive outlook infects here.

The best we can hope for is a Labour / SNP alliance.

Do you mean we-IOM or we-GB+islands in general ? What I mean is - do you feel that is best for UK and also best for IOM ?

erm... humanity in general would be better off.

I don't really see the distinction, the World's a better place because Obama's in power not Bush. The Tories have a narrow world view they always restrict freedom and opportunity. So the world is better off with out them. That includes the Island, because their restrictive outlook infects here.

Obama is the very worst POTUS there has EVER been.

The Tories have a narrow world view they always restrict freedom and opportunity.

The previous Labour govt seemed quite authoritarian - they tried to introduce ID cards, the DNA database and 90 days detention without trial. And they were defeated. That govt also introduced populist but problematic social exclusion measures such as ASBOs.

In a general sense - I have the impression that, at heart, many Labour people are nervous of freedoms (both social and economic). I think that this is partly connected to their Methodist and Marxist heritage. But it is also I think because it is a sort of politics which tends to attract people who believe that everything can be micromanaged effectively (I disagree). It's the same kind of thinking which informed the (bogus) notion of scientific Marxism. The idea that society can be studied pseudo-scientifically and re-built according to a plan.

I think that they are often all about rules and regulations. For our own good. Which is not to say that there are not also a lot of very up-tight Conservatives too. Often very nice people on all sides. But I've never met a Labour person who was a libertarian or who really cared about personal freedoms very much at all.

Archived