LYCRA PROTEST

hissingsid

Another online protest, this one started by a man called Knott who runs the promenade on a regular basis probably dressed in lycra and callying the bottle of water, he wants the promenade to himself, no horsetrams. Now whether the horse trams should run on the prom is debatable but I would prefer to follow the lead of a guy that has been paid 2.5 mill. than one of these halfwits that are everywhere running around, sweating for whatever reason, I cannot think of one. A consultant told me it was the best way to wear out your joints if you overdid it and the best way of keeping fit was to brisk walk wearing loose clothing, preferably cotton. Phil Gawne can do no right in my eyes but in this case I would say, get on with it, put two fingers up to these idiots and let the public worry about paying for it, because we are the only ones who do.

Does it matter who said it?

I think Murray Lambton put it best:

One of the things that bugs me about the misuse of the promenade walkway is the way people seem to think "there is a space, we must fill it." The open space, as seen it all its glory half an hour ago, is the very attraction. Its one of the best amenities we have.

11255849_968616376516304_562570155489895

I'd rather they got rid of the horsetrams entirely than pay this obscene amount of money to relocate them.

And if they must keep them, I'd rather they stayed where they were. The Prom is for people, be that on a bike, on foot or just sitting down enjoying the view. I'd rather not see it covered in horse shit.

The promenade is supposed to be a promenade, not a transport hub for self-important assholes to drive through in a hurry to get to whatever self-important things assholes do on a day to day basis.

I also agree that the horse trams should be done away with, not to make life easier for assholes in their cars but simply because A) they cost too much B) they're not what I'd define as worthwhile heritage to keep C) it's an immoral means of transportation and D) even at peak times the trams are usually next to empty.

A not untypical example of cyclists interacting with the general public. In this case it was a toddler but being banged into by some two wheeled bag of sweat is far from uncommon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3090830/Shocking-moment-toddler-knocked-hit-run-cyclist-outside-Blackpool-home.html

A few weeks ago in Cambridge another incident where a cyclist simply drove through a group of people who were blocking the footpath.

The promenade is supposed to be a promenade, not a transport hub for self-important assholes to drive through in a hurry to get to whatever self-important things assholes do on a day to day basis.

Agree,there are far too many urgent twats these days.

I also agree that the horse trams should be done away with, not to make life easier for assholes in their cars but simply because A) they cost too much B) they're not what I'd define as worthwhile heritage to keep C) it's an immoral means of transportation and D) even at peak times the trams are usually next to empty.

Immoral?

Immoral?

violating moral principles; not conforming to the patterns of conduct usually accepted or established as consistent with principles of personal and social ethics.

OK, how are the horse trams an immoral form of transportation?

violating moral principles; not conforming to the patterns of conduct usually accepted or established as consistent with principles of personal and social ethics.

Don't tell the horses....

Immoral?

You haven't seen the horses dressed in lycra then?

Immoral?

It's blatant animal exploitation.

Archived