T E Brown - God is love.

thebees

At Derby Haven in the sweet Manx land, A little girl had written on the sand, This legend ........"God is love" But, when I said, "What means this writing?" thus she answered :- "T'is father that's at say, and I have come here to pray, AND......God is love" my eyes grew dim - Blest child! In heaven above your angel sees the face of him. Whose name is love

Not messing around. This is. It just is. 120 years ago a man penned this, he knew. God is you. I've never been one for God and all of that but tonight I found myself telling my son to look within himself for God because that is where he is... One poem. Massive.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not original.

"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him” 1 John 4:16

That is horse shit puked out by the church, this God is the god within you, not a controller.

At Derby Haven in the sweet Manx land, A little girl had written on the sand, This legend ........"God is love" But, when I said, "What means this writing?" thus she answered :- "T'is father that's at say, and I have come here to pray, AND......God is love" my eyes grew dim - Blest child! In heaven above your angel sees the face of him. Whose name is love

Not messing around. This is. It just is. 120 years ago a man penned this, he knew. God is you. I've never been one for God and all of that but tonight I found myself telling my son to look within himself for God because that is where he is... One poem. Massive.

post-18002-0-87210200-1435357152.jpg

I did do a T E Brown search before I posted the topic. :) What is wrong with what has been said Quilp? You're a bit of a 'head', do you see what I see?

I do, yes but I just find his prose too simplistic and the acclaim he's given, un-deserving. I understand the attraction, him being Manx as the hill's an'that, and he's probably aspired many a young Bart when he was at King Willies but he's just not for me.

I'll dig out some poetry that stir's me and see what you think.

Maybe even some of my own...!

We could start a thread, poetry is not appreciated enough by the masses, IMO...

I admit I can be really dense when it comes to poetry, but Bees - where does this Poem say that God is within you? Is it the God is love bit? As Isaac has pointed out there's no reason to see that as being internal to you.

You are not the man I thought you were! the bit in Tommy Big Eyes about teenage boys being fien's? timeless (imho).

Did any of you see the poem GK wanted on his funeral peaper? In your face! Christians. :) Totally right and totally in the right place. Not many poems that well placed, ever.

Sorry, is what you've just posted in anyway related to your first post. Teenage boys? fien's? I thought your poem was about a little girl on Derbyhaven beach and some bloke going on about angels seeing God (who is love) in heaven? As I said, I can be rather dense when it comes to poetry!

Maybe we should wait until the morning to continue our discussion ;-)

Ha! Ye old bottle of wine fixes everything... agreed :) I was talking about God is love but then went on to Tommy Big Eyes, I can see where you got confused. I cannot explain anything now - wine wine and more wine - Les Dauphins, as it happens :) bed bed and a little more bed x

Archived