Skyboxes set

krafty

Upon recently upgrading my sky package, so the box set are now included.

I have found some excellent shows, which I had previously missed.

Banshee

The Wire

Penny Dreadful

Just started on the boardwalk empire

Does anyone have and other recommendations ?

Can the two be compared? It did feel slightly anti-climactic after the first couple of episodes of S2 but I stuck with it and enjoyed it. The portrayal and characterisation of the 'damaged' personalities was very plausible. Rachel McAdams' performance carried a particular edge and Farrell's psychotic cop was very convincing. Not quite as slick as S1 but nevertheless it was worth the watch.

S1, though, was a masterpiece. McConaughey's performance as Rusk was engrossing and the intertwining of the personal lives of the main actors was also well placed. Great plot, nice completion.

And to top it all, T.Bone Burnett's music.

Looking forward to S3 ...

S1 was atmospheric, but not without flaws. The plot was thin, with many hanging threads and dead ends that went nowhere. What made it compelling was the characters of Rust and Marty, the dialogue was pretentious but well delivered and the cinematography was beautiful. It benefited from having one single director's vision throughout the season.

S2 was a trainwreck. The plot was a mess, having a team of directors stopped there being a coherent vision of the screenplay, Vince Vaughan proved once and for all that he can't act, and Taylor Kitsch, despite being given a shit role to work with, demonstrated why he'd not had an acting role for a year. When most of the audience cry in unison at the end of Episode 3 "Who the hell is Stan?", you have to know you've done a crappy job at storytelling. Every single episode was a struggle and I'm not even sure they'd get the backing to make S3, and I'm not even sure I'll watch. I regretted staying with S2 because it just didn't pay off. The only positives were Farrell and McAdams who acted the shit out of their parts, its just a shame they were such piss poor parts in the first place.

Sorry for the TD derail, back on topic, geeks should watch out for Mr Robot whenever it comes to Sky (has it already?). It's like Fight Club and Silicon Valley had a lovechild and locked it in the attic to fester.

Mr Robot is fantastic, still not up to date but have got up to episode 7 and it truly delivers. I haven't started watching the 2nd series of Halt and Catch fire but if it's as good as the 1st series I know it will be great.

Back on topic If you haven't watched Newsroom, I can fully recommend. Dialogue, story lines and acting is top notch.

Sorry for the TD derail, back on topic, geeks should watch out for Mr Robot whenever it comes to Sky (has it already?). It's like Fight Club and Silicon Valley had a lovechild and locked it in the attic to fester.

Great recommendation, thanks. Any show that can diss Steve Jobs, The Zuck and Michael Bay in the first episode can't be bad.

Archived