Sefton Car Parking

ans

Agreed OMF. The Corpy took over Chester Street in June and the first thing they did was whack up the all day rate by 16%. Presumably to pay for more chewing gum machines and chains. biggrin.png

The disc zone bollox was supposed to encourage short stay parking but has started a new phenomena - the two hour musical parking space game. Every two hours the all day parkers have to leave their buildings to swap streets. Then you have the ones who park on the outskirts of the disc zone and walk in, plus of course the people who abuse the Palace. Its mental.

Peter Karran was bob on in that debate over Govt spaces when he said they were out of touch. Let's try to get the all day parkers into the pay car parks they said. Well now they have one of the parks sitting well below capacity yet nobody has drawn the link between empty spaces and the 16% price hike.

David fucking Ashcroft thinks its to do with intrusive concrete pillars FFS. Now I'm a "bigger boned" gentleman myself but I've never had any problems with the Chester Street pillars. He must go to the pie shop more often than me if he's having problems with the pillars - either that or he's never tried parking in there.

Sums it up nicely, well done.

I have young children & I cannot park in Chester street as I cannot get the children & pram etc out unless I manage to get a parent & child space, and these are almost always full. Hense I never even try.

What type of car do you drive?

I have two small children, pram etc and I have no issue parking in Chester Street. There are always plenty of spaces the higher up you go and I can park no problem in the space provided.

All power to them. I don't see why people should park their cars there all day and walk to work to avoid paying for a space.

All power to them. I don't see why people should park their cars there all day and walk to work to avoid paying for a space.

The Hospital car park should be scrutinised. Every day people park their cars and grab a bus into town, creating problems for patients keeping appointments. How the managment haven't actioned this is beyond comprehension...

...what would stop Gym customers (or perhaps non Gym customers) purchasing a gym membership just to get free all day parking?

Because then it wouldn't be free parking?

Charge people to park, then reimburse the genuine customers when they go in to the hotel/cinema. Not rocket science.

The Hospital car park should be scrutinised. Every day people park their cars and grab a bus into town, creating problems for patients keeping appointments. How the managment haven't actioned this is beyond comprehension...

It would help if staff parked on the right hand car park leaving the main car park for patients and visitors. They're the cause of the lack of parking.

4 hour disk parking would stop the people parking and catching the bus. Anything over four hours you pay for.

Archived