Can't get new mobile phone battery posted from the UK

gd0nfn

I have ordered a new battery for my mobile phone from ebay but it seems that none of the postal services will deliver such an item to the Island?

Got the following email from Ebay:

Dear customer,
How are you? Hope you everything goes well.
We received notice from our shipment part ,we feel so sorry.
the shipping department told us that the shipping carrier can't send the battery package to your address,they tried many other shipping carriers,but none of them accept the Li-lon battery package,

We exactly want to do this business with you. But in order not to delay your order so long time, we have full refunded to you, please check your paypal account.

Sincerely apologized again about this thing.We knew in this transaction it must made you disappointed,we really didn't know how to express our feeling.Only said sorry,sorry, very sorry. Please forgive.

If you have any problem, please contact me first, we will do our best to solve it for you, thanks.
Best regards,
helen

Any thoughts how to get around this issue or must we just charge our mobile phones ever hour?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worth checking with Post Office but I think many batteries are prohibited or restricted.

This is taken from a "Royal Mail " site.

Lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries when not sent with, or contained in/connected to an electronic device, are prohibited.

Lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries are allowed when sent with or contained in/connected to an electronic device, but are subject to packaging, volume and quantity restrictions.

I've had lithium batteries sent to the IoM. They just need to be packaged sensibly.

Try a different retailer.....

Had all sorts of problems getting batteries from the UK (or anywhere actually) for a number of different devices. One company I ordered from chanced it with £200 worth of laptop batteries (3 of) which Royal Mail found and destroyed.

What phone is it for? I use a couple of reliable retailers in the UK.

I did select a UK supplier as many eBay companies will not post to the Island and if you look at the time for delivery you can assess if it is being posted from China.

It's coming from China.

Thanks BigDave will give it a try.

WOOPS - tried to order but would not ship to the Island "Sorry! We only currently ship to the UK and countries within the European Union. Please contact us if you think there is an error."

OK order placed and accepted now I live in the UK. Thanks BigDave.

Archived