Manx Dialect Society

Rhumsaa

did you mean so hard rather than do hard?

No.

It seems as if there has been some ex-post Moderator editing by the big G. It also seems as if this isn't marked as an edit in the same way that a lowly user's editing would be. No biggie, and this facility has pobably been noted upon before, but interesting nonetheless.

No.

It seems as if there has been some ex-post Moderator editing by the big G. It also seems as if this isn't marked as an edit in the same way that a lowly user's editing would be. No biggie, and this facility has pobably been noted upon before, but interesting nonetheless.

Pay your (manxforums) subscription and you too can edit your posts without it being tagged (and you get to go in the subscription users only part of the forum, but that's a secret, ok)

If it entails calling Andreas = Andruss, and Foxdale - Foxtul, you can count me out.

They just sound plain stupid although I concede that the entymology of Foxdale may well show the above pronunciation, strictly speaking is correct, but calling Andreas anything but Andreas (after St Andreas) is just plain wrong. Unless you are actually conversating in the damn place talking about the place then by all means drop into whatever vernacular people understand.

Oh, by the way, did you know that Pulrose is pronounce Pully in Manx dialect

I went to Andreas school and never heard it referred to as Andruss.

i will point out now though that 50% of subscription fees as well as a retainer are paid directly to myself each month as part of the contract i signed when i was headhunted from manx voices informed choices facebook page to introduce some sense and perspective to this sorry excuse for a forum

Your annual review should include:

"This man set appallingly low standards and consistently failed to meet them..."

No.

Every subscriber can edit. I wasn't exercising my mod rights. But thank you for pointing out the typo.

No.

Pay your (manxforums) subscription and you too can edit your posts without it being tagged (and you get to go in the subscription users only part of the forum, but that's a secret, ok)

Yeah, keep it quiet.

• 1 year later...

The Manx Radio thread reminded me of this

Has this had any more movement since last year? Not heard of any more meetings I don't think. Not for a while anyway.

2 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

The Manx Radio thread reminded me of this

Has this had any more movement since last year? Not heard of any more meetings I don't think. Not for a while anyway.

is this different from the Manx Gaelic Society?  Aren't they involved in this month's Celtic Literature Festival?

Archived