Plumber to fit a Bathroom

Rhumsaa

Competent DIYers often do a better job than pros in my extensive experience, they are much more time rich and as a result are more conscientious. I do all my own plumbing and electrics and I'm not properly qualified in either.

So as well as having ridden more miles than anyone else on this forum you have extensive experience in both plumbing & electrical work! You're so awesome.

Electrics are illegal without building control supervision unless you are partP (or properly qualified). However it and plumbing are reasonably straightforward if you stick to the rules and have the tools. Electrics requires a lot of test gear to check it. However if

Lots of DIY type jobs are not notifiable under part p so you could still do them. I've seen some DIY disasters but I've also seen some very good DIY electrical work before.

stick me down for three quarters of a mile on a c90, one full bathroom suite, an outside tap and a welcome light out front/security light out back. go team manxforums!!

Only issues are the security light squirts intruders,the toilet lights up when flushed and the outside tap gives hot water. Apart from that it's fine.

• Like 2

Saw an engineers central heating install once. Must have been a electrical engineer coz all the rads were on a ring. Switch the first one off on the TRV and the rest didn't work. The shower and bath, when used, filled with inhibitor, and the loo flushed to the rain water drain outside. Needless to say the boiler had an axe put through it and the water turned off before anymore problems were found.

Edit for fat fingering hearing issue.

Edited by x-in-man

Must have been a electrical engineer coz all the rads were on a ring. Switch the first one off on the TRV and the rest didn't work.

That's not how a ring works. If you are going to use a common domestic electrical circuit analogy, you'd be better off thinking of a radial with multiple isolation points.