Sports Direct IOM

ans

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 2bees said:

You're a bit of a snob aren't ya Bellefield? Council estate kids are not the only ones getting things from Sports Direct. I have 2 lads and I was quite sick of Turners not having their size of trainers or only having one £52 tracksuit top in their size.

When I was a youngster all I needed for PE was trainers, skorts and a t-shirt, now the kids need, rugby shorts, football shorts, rugby shirt, football shirt, house shirt, tracksuit, cricket whites, 3 different types of sock, swimming trunks, blades, studs, trainers and a f'in water bottle and I've probably missed something (the joy of the weekly wash in the hive...kill me) I'm glad we have a Sports Direct and have had good experiences with the staff each time I've been in.

no, not a snob, and yes, if you want sports kit its there to be had, and yes, I'm probably being hard on sportsdirect and USC (had to look it up), and flannels, but I was walking around and getting lost in that store, not seeing another person and feeling like I'd walked onto the set of a post apocalypse film, it is packed to the gunnels with clothing, and I was wondering how they were shift it all.  Sorry if my chav comments offended you.

....and I still wear shorts, trainers and a t-shirt when I play cricket.

How will they shift it?

like every other high street chain does. On a weekend and in the 'sales'.  

Really snobby attitude too. You'll be JD Sports target market who'll be happy to pay 15 quid more for a pair of adidas gazelles/ sambas rather than walk 40 yards and lower yourself!

3 hours ago, Tibet said:

The only "sportswear" I wear are trainers and I'm happy to keep buying mine from Intersport, rather than giving any of my custom to that (to quote Dennis Skinner MP) "monster of a man" who owns Sports Direct.

Alarm bells ringing at Sports DIrect as news filters through that Tibet won't shop there...:rolleyes:

Archived