Sports Direct IOM

ans

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't the strand go bust not long back? Sports direct probably got a decent deal on it. They have been close to coming over before, and were advertising for staff about 5 years ago.

Brian Eaton bought it from the receivers. Maybe he was just looking to move it on. They say they will take "multiple units" for their own store and regenerate the centre. They wouldn't use the whole lot for themselves. Catchment potential not big enough.

Love him or Loathe him - Mike Ashley and his Sports Direct and other businesses, can anyone seriously expect him to put up with any of the usual nonsense and carry on from IOMG or Tynpotwald? He will eat them and spit them out!

Love him or Loathe him - Mike Ashley and his Sports Direct and other businesses, can anyone seriously expect him to put up with any of the usual nonsense and carry on from IOMG or Tynpotwald? He will eat them and spit them out!

How do you mean? He's opening a shop not annexing the Island.

He had more money than the islands reserves. I meant that if SD decide to do something with the SC and open certain shops e.g Tesco and the like .......,,,, and the IOMG and other vested interests decided to object, SD have a large amount of money and certainly have the legal resources in which to overturn such decisions.

As for the post office, the reduction in the number of parcels is probably due to the fact that everything you try to order isn't available here. I ordered face cream from QVC and was told royal mail wouldn't touch dangerous items like that. Thankfully we have Hermes who dropped it off the next day

He had more money than the islands reserves. I meant that if SD decide to do something with the SC and open certain shops e.g Tesco and the like .......,,,, and the IOMG and other vested interests decided to object, SD have a large amount of money and certainly have the legal resources in which to overturn such decisions.
Where to start. What a fucking stupid post.

Ashleys wealth is largely tied up in SD. And that has lost about two thirds of its value recently.

Also Tesco, who are much larger, couldn't use their might to get an alcohol licence is Castletown ffs. Besides I'm not really sure what issues you are expecting. It's a retail shopping centre and SD are er.... A retailer. And Tesco had already agreed provisionally to take the old mea unit.

What issues are you anticipating which will see their financial power overwhelm due process in the island?

The decrease in post office parcels will be a bit offset by Newcastle United fans on the island now buying their CD's DVD's, baby cloths & camping gear online as they will be boycotting the strand as long as that knob has anything to do with it.

says they have bought the whole shopping centre. wonder if all the other businesses in there will be thrown out.

also bye bye intersport

Intersport can compete. The owners own the properties . It's all very old money and plenty of room to be more competitive.

The bigger challenge for SD is how they position themselves in the shopping centre. I can only assume Peacocks lease is close to expiring and I suspect Millers would be easy enough to buy out of their lease.

Archived