Sports Direct IOM

ans

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of tracksuit wearing thicko's over here. Ideal Sportsdirect territory.

Well if they manage to get a Post Office in there too, it could be Markwell House, Post office, then Sports Direct. :thumbsup:

If that happens I'd want first dibs on an offy somewhere around Capones.

says they have bought the whole shopping centre. wonder if all the other businesses in there will be thrown out.

also bye bye intersport

Why is that bad ?

This is good news for most people.

You can't just throw people out anyway. If it's downstairs you are talking HMV and Mothercare. Both big companies and anchor tenants in that centre for 20 years. Plenty of resource to argue about it.

If their lease was close to expiring it may be different although if they have the same 1954 landlord tenant act in the IoM as they do for the UK it isn't straight forward to get them out.

I suspect they'll look at upstairs. Millets and Peacocks won't be overly profitable and much easier to pay to leave. It might work out well in that those businesses relocate to the street and upper strand is full

says they have bought the whole shopping centre. wonder if all the other businesses in there will be thrown out.

also bye bye intersport

Why is that bad ?

This is good news for most people.

You can't just throw people out anyway. If it's downstairs you are talking HMV and Mothercare. Both big companies and anchor tenants in that centre for 20 years. Plenty of resource to argue about it.

If their lease was close to expiring it may be different although if they have the same 1954 landlord tenant act in the IoM as they do for the UK it isn't straight forward to get them out.

I suspect they'll look at upstairs. Millets and Peacocks won't be overly profitable and much easier to pay to leave. It might work out well in that those businesses relocate to the street and upper strand is full

I would not want to see anyone thrown out, but imagine that most shops in there would love to move to smaller units.

How any of them make money is a mystery to me. ( to quote Toyah)

As for the post office, the reduction in the number of parcels is probably due to the fact that everything you try to order isn't available here. I ordered face cream from QVC and was told royal mail wouldn't touch dangerous items like that. Thankfully we have Hermes who dropped it off the next day

Err, I made that bit up.

The daily Strand St parade of odd looking fag smoking inbreds will soon have shiny new adidas tracksuits...hurrah !!!

No, they will be Lonsdale, everlast, slazenger and Dunlop it will be the 1980's all over again, Ramsey people will be totally confused.

The daily Strand St parade of odd looking fag smoking inbreds will soon have shiny new adidas tracksuits...hurrah !!!

No, they will be Lonsdale, everlast, slazenger and Dunlop it will be the 1980's all over again, Ramsey people will be totally confused.

Not nice, but funny as f***, thumbsup.gif

Archived