Binlid takes over Manx Radio

Kerry Coops

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it

So do I. I like the magazine programmes better than the music programmes, however. Although Christy de Haven is good on a Sunday afternoon as is Jo Pack on a Saturday morning. Can't be doing with the Corkish 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and 10's gold shows.

His programmes and many on Manx Radio are not my cup of tea, but presumably they appeal to a certain audience. That is generally true of most radio stations, i.e they have programmes and presenters that are not for me so I listen to something else. I do not expect that any radio station to put on programming that meets my taste all or much of the time. If that is what I want then I have an ipod. to listen to. It seems some here do. If you are not into classical music do you slag off Radio 3 or Classic FM due to their music choice.

The bits I like on Manx Radio tend to be the bits I cannot get else where, i.e. local news, sport and current affairs programmes. There are then many bits that do not appeal to me and bits that are OK in that if that is the station the radio on the car is on I would not turn over from but equally I would not look for.

As for Brindley I have never met the person and the bits I have caught of his programme are not for me. However I would always be cautious whether how somebody comes across in the media is a true reflection of that person as often they are meeting a brief etc. rather than being a totally true reflection of themselves or what they are liking when not presenting or in another role.

Archived