Binlid takes over Manx Radio

Kerry Coops

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Gladys, he's been promoted to Programme/Content Controller (a job he's been understudying for some time). He won the position against stiff competition, presumably not including the alleged malcontents Kerry refers to who (as in most organisations) are happiest spreading gloom outside whilst still cashing the paycheques.

Congratulations Alex.

I have never been a fan ... you irritate me ... so does Billy Butler on another station ... but both of you seem very popular with the majority of folks.

Hope you do well in your new position :)

No Gladys, he's been promoted to Programme/Content Controller (a job he's been understudying for some time). He won the position against stiff competition, presumably not including the alleged malcontents Kerry refers to who (as in most organisations) are happiest spreading gloom outside whilst still cashing the paycheques.

Aah, so he is not going to be 'in charge of the Nation Station'(sic).

Alex is a very nice chap, but if I ever stumble across one of his programmes I have to turn it off because of the unlistenable tripe he seems to play. Does it mean now that the same tripe will be played by everyone? Next time I see him I'll offer my congratulations on his promotion, along with some suggestions for content he may wish to consider (eg more prog rock, less unlistenable tripe )

Anyone with a brain cell is effectively disenfranchised from their local radio as there's nothing there for them. Even the supposed 'quality' programming is compromised. Manx Radio used to have a real local feel to it but that's long been lost to blandness and dumbing down.

Brindley has effectively been doing this job anyway for the last couple of years or so, and sprinkling the station's production and output with his magic shine. He's the boy up there and this is where you end up when you chase the lowest commercial denominator.

It won't make any difference to me. It's been shite for years and I'll stick to the BBC.

Arts Council - what a nice little Quango. I'm all for the Arts, as long as I don't have to pay for it through my taxes, and I don't see why I should fund other people's hobbies. Times are hard, Arts are not a priority ............. Neither is Manx Radio, the Governments mouthpiece.

Archived