Most Propitious Manifesto 2016

Donald Trumps

Thanks Donald, I had to look up 'propitious' in an actual dictionary. New word for me. I will endeavour to use it in conversation at some point.

I had to look up the word "corparise" as used in Fowler's manifesto.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If ever proof were needed (actually it wasn't) that there can be a gulf of galactic proportions between IQ and common sense/pragmatism/the real world, then just sit back and listen to 164 Fowler...with his comedy voice.

A sea life centre with Dolphins and stuff at Port Erin Marine Biological Station!

It would cost a lot of money to ensure it was fit for porpoise.

You could have a whale of a time doing so though.

Thanks Donald, I had to look up 'propitious' in an actual dictionary. New word for me. I will endeavour to use it in conversation at some point.

I had to look up the word "corparise" as used in Fowler's manifesto.

Corpulation: That means your Local Authority is getting far to lardy.

Is there anywhere on the www that I can find out the way my current MHK's voted on issues in Tynwald?

Apart from searching Hansard and hoping a division was called (the only time votes get registered) no there isn't

I read somewhere that only one member need call for a division, but does it then have to get supported by a majority vote before it can proceed?

No. If a division is called for, then it must proceed and Hansard will record who voted which way. If no division is called for, Hansard does not record the vote of each member individually.

If that is the case, why hasn't a division been called by the likes of Karran at every vote to ensure full transparency in government?

If ever proof were needed (actually it wasn't) that there can be a gulf of galactic proportions between IQ and common sense/pragmatism/the real world, then just sit back and listen to 164 Fowler...with his comedy voice.

I had to laugh but I felt cruel doing it.

He has an IQ of over 160 apparently.

Is there anywhere on the www that I can find out the way my current MHK's voted on issues in Tynwald?

Apart from searching Hansard and hoping a division was called (the only time votes get registered) no there isn't

As i recall there was a question/request early this year or later last asking for just such a list of votes / members to be drawn up in time for the election (iirc it said something like 'to be available online by July') .... can't find any reference just now ... anyone else remember?

I read somewhere that only one member need call for a division, but does it then have to get supported by a majority vote before it can proceed?

No. If a division is called for, then it must proceed and Hansard will record who voted which way. If no division is called for, Hansard does not record the vote of each member individually.

If that is the case, why hasn't a division been called by the likes of Karran at every vote to ensure full transparency in government?

Dunno - ask him.

Archived