Lost ear ring - reward if found

thebees

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well - to turn a complete disaster into something positive...

I am no longer a smoker and I know that I do not need alcohol to enjoy myself, in fact alcohol turns me (and the majority of others) into a nightmare and I'm really not sure why it is still so freely available.

I am hopeful that I will be able to get a replacement earring made, I emailed Goldheart yesterday and spied some butterfly designs on their website so maybe they'll be able to replicate the missing one & I shall pay for it with all the money I save by not smoking or drinking :)

I feel like going on a massive ban alcohol campaign - Here is my slogan...

"Alcohol has made a positive impact on my life...said no-one ever!"

Well - to turn a complete disaster into something positive...

I am no longer a smoker and I know that I do not need alcohol to enjoy myself, in fact alcohol turns me (and the majority of others) into a nightmare and I'm really not sure why it is still so freely available.

I am hopeful that I will be able to get a replacement earring made, I emailed Goldheart yesterday and spied some butterfly designs on their website so maybe they'll be able to replicate the missing one & I shall pay for it with all the money I save by not smoking or drinking smile.png

I feel like going on a massive ban alcohol campaign - Here is my slogan...

"Alcohol has made a positive impact on my life...said no-one ever!"

So your hangover has gone and you've run out of ciggies ?thumbsup.gif

Nope, last night my mate posted something about Stoptober which reminded me I was half way through the Alan Carr book but had stopped reading it because it felt like it was working and my dear old pal nicotine told me "How you live with out me bitches?". I made a rollie and was just about to smoke it when my son came into the room, I did not smoke that rollie, finished the book this morning and will never smoke again - it feels great! I've got baccy and skins, I just don't need them any more :)

I've never had a good relationship with alcohol, moderation goes out of the window after the first sip. There is only one way to guarantee I don't get in a mess and that is not to drink at all. What good is drinking? It's poison, it's very hit or miss in reactions, you have to take it every day to become any good at it and it fills you with fear and self loathing for days after you've had it. While I was reading the no smoking book there were a few points that harked true about drinking too, smokers who only smoke at the weekend are depriving themselves of their addiction and thus look forward to a smoke at the weekend, hmmm. Bye Holstens on a Friday :)

I am off out for a walk now. No fear!

Nope, last night my mate posted something about Stoptober which reminded me I was half way through the Alan Carr book but had stopped reading it because it felt like it was working and my dear old pal nicotine told me "How you live with out me bitches?". I made a rollie and was just about to smoke it when my son came into the room, I did not smoke that rollie, finished the book this morning and will never smoke again - it feels great! I've got baccy and skins, I just don't need them any more smile.png

I've never had a good relationship with alcohol, moderation goes out of the window after the first sip. There is only one way to guarantee I don't get in a mess and that is not to drink at all. What good is drinking? It's poison, it's very hit or miss in reactions, you have to take it every day to become any good at it and it fills you with fear and self loathing for days after you've had it. While I was reading the no smoking book there were a few points that harked true about drinking too, smokers who only smoke at the weekend are depriving themselves of their addiction and thus look forward to a smoke at the weekend, hmmm. Bye Holstens on a Friday smile.png

I am off out for a walk now. No fear!

I wish you well then thumbsup.gif

I quit smoking 12 years ago and have no interest in smoking at all, well in fact I am very anti smoking now.

I like a drink though, but it is many, many years since I got drunk. I just hope I can stop if I ever want too, it scares me when I see people I knew well, turn into alcoholics.sad.png

I have never been an alcoholic as I imagine them to be, like that woman over the road used to be (before she died...) she drank morning, noon and night was mostly lucid - sober me is very sensible, sniff of wine me is a lunatic :( It's no use.

sad.png Woe is me, last night I managed to loose one of my treasured & beautiful earrings. I've been back to all the places we went to no avail. The earring is platinum and has 8 little diamonds in the shape of two butterflies, I'm so sad about it.

Something with that type of structure would be likely to get snagged on clothing if you were wearing something like knitwear.

Have you checked it isn't caught on the clothes you had on?

Good luck with the search. It is so upsetting to lose something of sentimental value. Don't think you need to offer a reward. If it's found it is reward enough to make somone happy. Did you look/feel right down the sides of the car seats? That's a favoured place for things to go missing.

Good luck with the search. It is so upsetting to lose something of sentimental value. Don't think you need to offer a reward. If it's found it is reward enough to make somone happy. Did you look/feel right down the sides of the car seats? That's a favoured place for things to go missing.

Perhaps the reward is a hug smile.png

Yeah, I hope you get it back too, otherwise all the poor children who mined those diamonds have died for nothing sad.png

They were a present and they were totally ethical diamonds, only one child died mining them.

On the up side - I am still a non smoking Bee and have never been so happy (which is most strange because previously when I have attempted to be a non smoker I have wanted to kill myself & everyone else within a 25mile radius)

Hope you find it bees.

I won't ask what you were doing late at night in a carpark in Ramsey!

She turned up for a brawl with Rhumsaa but he chickened out.

Obvs, I'm not entirely stupid

Archived