Rogue One

rmanx

Read a review from a "professional" reviewer:

"This film is too gritty. It feels too much like a war film. Not once have they referenced a war in this series..."

I stopped there and didn't read any further.

If you're going to have someone write a review for a film that is part of a multi-billion dollar franchise enjoyed by millions and millions of fans...at least do a little research...war is referenced in the friggin title!!!

I really enjoyed it.

The start jumped around awkwardly and I was left with a bad feeling but the rest of the film was excellent. Definitely one worthy of the original trilogy and I loved the mix of original unused film and CGI.

probably fair comment - I enjoyed all the nods to the other films and continuity within the universe which might have glazed my view

still a great star wars film for me though, top 3

Enjoyed it.

Though it's a bit bleak ... more war film than space opera and basically without the comedic intervals of the first movies.

That was the whole point. To show the bleak chances of the Rebellion against the massive war machine of the Empire.

A lot of "fans" are getting annoyed that this isn't just another episode in the Skywalker clans family dramas.

It was alright. Better than Ep VII, but that's not saying much.

Felt constrained by having to shoe-horn itself into the gap left by the main series. Rewrites and reshoots were evident in the third act.

The story would have been much improved if one of the gang survived; although it feels as if the producers wanted to get rid of them all so they need not think of them again.

Archived