Huge Meat Plant Loss

Non-Believer

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Gizo said:

Does anything the Govt gets involved with actually make money?

the Post Office but they are raiding that to the point of oblivion 

There's the Creamery too

You see very posh cars down there & you wonder if these are being gained on the backs of dairy farmers - or whether these is significant taxpayer subsidy of the operation 

Why oh why would anyone buy Manx meat or cheese anyway. Ridiculously expensive and very poor quality. It’s about time they allowed proper imports of decent meat and stopped subsidizing shopshite to provide the local shite. The sooner that place goes and we get a proper store like Asda here the better. Just imagine how much quieter the planning committee would be if it didn’t have IOME objecting to any competition. 

Thing is everyone knows - well maybe apart from some #ClubTynwald members who don't know how to go food shopping - that local meat & cheese is relatively highly priced here to get the 'Manx' factor but is discounted from these prices elsewhere off island

5 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Thing is everyone knows - well maybe apart from some #ClubTynwald members who don't know how to go food shopping - that local meat & cheese is relatively highly priced here to get the 'Manx' factor but is discounted from these prices elsewhere off island

Don't forget locally brewed and exported beer too. Available cheaper in Liverpool last time I visited. Amazing things, these captive markets.

21 hours ago, No more NIMBY,s said:

Why oh why would anyone buy Manx meat or cheese anyway. Ridiculously expensive and very poor quality. It’s about time they allowed proper imports of decent meat and stopped subsidizing shopshite to provide the local shite. The sooner that place goes and we get a proper store like Asda here the better. Just imagine how much quieter the planning committee would be if it didn’t have IOME objecting to any competition. 

Thought you didn’t give a shit?

I don’t give a shit about whether shopshite stock Iceland, waitrose or sainsburys as 99% of our shopping comes from a proper supermarket with sensible pricing.  I do give a shit about the ridiculous so called subsidies for overpriced and poor quality meat and other local produce when it is also touted as being reasonable priced and high quality. Don’t even get me started on the poor standard, quick deterioration and outrageously priced Manx bread! And whilst I,m at it why can Robinson’s only supply the supermarkets with over ripe produce? 

And breathe.......

Archived