Wow! All those Brexiteers...

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its just pathetic.

Sturgeon et al will always be pushing for a referendum because it makes them feel more "relevant" shall we say and May is telling them that they would be stupid to leave Scotlands biggest trading partner whilst at the same time arranging for the UK to leave theirs.

I just wish the SNP would shut the fuck up and stop distracting from the real issue...

wow. So we want to run our own country to make us feel relevant? You don't believe that?

Wrong take.

The SNP grandstanding makes Sturgeon et al feel more relevant than they actually are...

It isn't "the complete unknown" though. That is just more gloom mongering. Business will always continue because there are powerful vested interests ensuring that it does so. Much more powerful than Brussels. Business will be done, and it will be done with the UK which is one of the biggest trading economies in the world. You are correct that there will be a lot more turbulence in the financial markets, but don't underestimate the amount of downside that is already priced in. I tell you that one of the biggest problems in a few years will be restraining the value of the pound.

Nice try.

Of course business will always be done. The question for the UK is with whom and at what cost?

Of course I don't want living standards to drop in the UK, we shamefully have enough children living in poverty as it is, but I can't really see a deal being struck with the EU that makes it look like being out is better than being in.

So your vision is Farage, Gove and Johnson leading us all skipping and dancing down the road to The Land Of Milk And Honey?

A fitting tribute to all their lies and deceit I would say....

Conversely the cost of raw materials has risen by 3.7% in February - the biggest increase since December 2011.

That's how devaluation works. Simple as....

Could be good news for all the squeaky-bottom brigade in Luton and Ellesmere Port though. Let's hope they keep their jobs.

Conversely the cost of raw materials has risen by 3.7% in February - the biggest increase since December 2011.

Could be good news for all the squeaky-bottom brigade in Luton and Ellesmere Port though. Let's hope they keep their jobs.

Yes but we've been around this circle before. Raw material content is by definition a small part of the finished product price compared to the value added within the UK economy, so the competitive advantage for exporting products FOB UK Port endures.

It isn't "the complete unknown" though. That is just more gloom mongering. Business will always continue because there are powerful vested interests ensuring that it does so. Much more powerful than Brussels. Business will be done, and it will be done with the UK which is one of the biggest trading economies in the world. You are correct that there will be a lot more turbulence in the financial markets, but don't underestimate the amount of downside that is already priced in. I tell you that one of the biggest problems in a few years will be restraining the value of the pound.

Nice try.

Of course business will always be done. The question for the UK is with whom and at what cost?

http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/itsquiteoktowalkaway.pdf

Nice try.

That's the thing about the t'interweb - you can always find some "facts" to back up your argument:

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=85905

Yes but we've been around this circle before. Raw material content is by definition a small part of the finished product price compared to the value added within the UK economy, so the competitive advantage for exporting products FOB UK Port endures.

Actually the competitive advantage has been increased due to UK products now being cheaper to buy.

However the best you can hope for is that the market surge in sales cancels out the more expensive manufacturing costs. Hence my best wishes earlier for those at places like Luton and Ellesmere Port who, no matter what anyone says to the contrary, are definitely at risk.

Bottom line (sorry) is that our products are now more expensive to make and have a smaller profit margin.

I'll try again, shall I? Our products are not "more expensive to make".

The raw material cost is up, but the UK (value added in the sterling area during manufacture) component is unchanged and therefore relatively cheaper when converted to foreign currency for export. The raw material cost is a small proportion of the finished product price. That advantage will endure for as long as sterling stays low. The problem will be in the future when the value of the pound surges.

A useful measure to take would be to drop all of the nonsense carbon taxes on manufacturing industry which are totally pointless because the places we import goods from are not subject to them.

Nice try.

That's the thing about the t'interweb - you can always find some "facts" to back up your argument:

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=85905

Yeah. Great innit? I guess it comes down to whether you're a glass half full or a glass half empty person. I think yours has a hole in the bottom. thumbsup.gif

Never mind. It's weekend. It's sunny. Enough of this. Time for R & R. flowers.gif

Archived