Isle of Man Newspapers - broken website links

gettafa

Is it just me or are the links to old (ie more than 1 month or so) Isle of Man Newspaper website articles broken? I used to be able to search for stuff 10-15 years or more.

Some of the articles used to appear in the search results, but even those have gone now?

Here's an example of the 404 error:

Thanks steve.

I had a look at wayback a while ago (it was useful to see Roly Drower's Blackpages again) but iomtoday only has a couple of pages a month for the period I was looking at. Better than nothing though.

I hope Isle of Man Newspapers can get their archive back, or is it convenient for them to lose all the old stuff? It will make some people happy I'm sure.

It's not hard when converting from one website to another to work on an automatic 404 system.

A simple single dababase table with the old article ID in, and the new one, and the 404 page will automatically work out the new URL and redirect the user to it..........

I think their moderators have blocked so many contributors now, the comments are virtually non existent

No the only accounts they banned were yours and those of your sock puppets you angry clown.

Probably more about dumping the commentators. Now its just full of a few wankers in the comments section arguing amongst themselves.

A couple of the 'posting styles' are similar to one or two on here.

Yes...you Donald Chump. Yes...you.

Archived