Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

5 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I understand it would be perfectly feasible to run our ATC - bar the top of the tower, from Liverpool. I believe they already operate Doncaster this way?

There are significant staff shortages in ATC which has meant we've been operating without radar frequently. On hand over from the regional ATC control, pilots have often had to fly what's known as procedural approaches without radar coverage or control. This relies on pilots reporting their positions to the aerodrome controller who in turn will not allow any other aircraft to commence an approach until he can guarantee - using those pilot reports only - that the airspace is clear. 

4 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

There are significant staff shortages in ATC which has meant we've been operating without radar frequently. On hand over from the regional ATC control, pilots have often had to fly what's known as procedural approaches without radar coverage or control. This relies on pilots reporting their positions to the aerodrome controller who in turn will not allow any other aircraft to commence an approach until he can guarantee - using those pilot reports only - that the airspace is clear. 

So not ideal?

1 minute ago, snowman said:

The planes depart form the UK :)

All the UK would be bothered about is the income from APT! I bet the UK Treasury are heaving a sigh of relief that they don't have to drop APT now that FlyBe is as dead as the Monty Python Parrot (at least for the time being)!

19 minutes ago, trench12 said:

So are you suggesting a fixed fare, no matter when booked, no matter which service....I assume there would be several flights a day to lpl/man

Not necessarily - but that would be possible.

Residents could even  be entitled to lower fares like they are in the  Canary Islands. Last I heard they get a 75% discount!

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

Not necessarily - but that would be possible.

Residents could even  be entitled to lower fares like they are in the  Canary Islands. Last I heard they get a 75% discount!

Doesnt help tourism if they are charged 75% more

Just now, madmanxpilot said:

It's just as safe - just means a lower flow rate and potential arrival (and departure) delays if multiple movements are scheduled at a similar time.

It's  not a problem today!

I wouldn't worry about flow at the airport for quite some time. If at all again.

• Haha 2

From Thursday Loganair will operate twice a day to Liverpool

Departures morning & evening

Daily service

Patients pre booked

Remaining tickets available on the website

Government hope to announce news of Manchester in the "next week or so"

Edited by snowman
  • Like 1