Forum Upgrade Questions

doc.fixit

13 hours ago, P.K. said:

No they don't. You can be a good Christian and NEVER set foot in a church. Or demand respect. Or have undeserved entitlement - quite the reverse in my case.

Now YOU apologise!

What a silly reply. Quilp didn't even mention church buildings. He said SCRIPTURES. You can't be a Christian and reject the Christian scriptures. They are the entire basis of Christianity. You wouldn't even know about Jesus were it not for the Bible - he's sure as hell not mentioned in any contemporaneous historical documents. Also, "the church" may also be used as a term for the collective body of Christians, not merely a building. Thank you 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, llap said:

What a silly reply. Quilp didn't even mention church buildings. He said SCRIPTURES. You can't be a Christian and reject the Christian scriptures. They are the entire basis of Christianity. You wouldn't even know about Jesus were it not for the Bible - he's sure as hell not mentioned in any contemporaneous historical documents. Also, "the church" may also be used as a term for the collective body of Christians, not merely a building. Thank you 

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, as are we all.

But i have to say I find your opinion on this extremely amusing. Especially the "he's sure as hell not mentioned..." - absolutely classic!

i have seen the dislike option used on other forums, everyone ended up on minus points within 2 weeks,it was remove and is pointless....

if you disagree with someone post you should challenge it by posting why, that's the whole idea of a forum....

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, as are we all.

But i have to say I find your opinion on this extremely amusing. Especially the "he's sure as hell not mentioned..." - absolutely classic!

Classic and true. No contemporaneous evidence for his existence. Still, I believe that the evidence on the whole does point to his having existed. But "St Paul" obviously made up a load of nonsense about him and turned him into some kind of deity.

41 minutes ago, llap said:

Hmmm. Why on earth are we discussing this? Only on Manx Forums could a thread about forum upgrades lead to a religious debate. Lol

I think that might have been my fault.

I was just pointing out the absurdity of being able to like a racist post but not register a dislike. Either have both options or neither.

Just now, Declan said:

I think that might have been my fault.

I was just pointing out the absurdity of being able to like a racist post but not register a dislike. Either have both options or neither.

what "racist" posts have i liked......

• 8 months later...
On 4/20/2017 at 4:33 PM, wrighty said:

I noticed this well before the upgrade the other day - you used to be able to look at the member list, in order of posts made, and the 4 accounts we're talking about had all made 4682.  I'm a bit of a numberphile, and things like this stand out for me.  I'd agree with your distinction between sock puppets and successor accounts.  I've no idea why someone would deliberately make 4682 forum contributions and then move on to a new account, but I don't believe it's a coincidence.

Hey, how peculiar! You're right and it was no coincidence that kb, PL and me all had 4682 posts each. I've had a load of posts deleted by someone, presumably ans. I'd love to know which ones were deleted and why! 

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, The Sick Moon said:

Hey, how peculiar! You're right and it was no coincidence that kb, PL and me all had 4682 posts each. I've had a load of posts deleted by someone, presumably ans. I'd love to know which ones were deleted and why! 

So now you're back to 4682 posts, a number that's clearly special to you for some reason, have you suspended the TSM account again, and will we see the resurrection of Pierrot, Keyboarder and MTP? 

I don't expect a response by the way, unless Ans can delete one of your previous ones to make room for it.

MF.jpg

Archived