"Wake up and smell the coffee!"

Max Power

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

It's not about your/mine selfish desires for Manx Life to continue as before, a quiet life with mud roads and Horse and carts, it's about what is best for the Island as we enter the 21st century, we will get there eventually!, that requires a tax intake and the people to pay that tax to provide/maintain the services that we did not have in that (wonderful) past life.

Check your calendar fella, we are 17 years into it already. Have you had a big sleep or something?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, notwell said:

Yes and no.

The actual main demands are from the PSPA mess and those in retirement and close to it.  That is causing the real issue.

This is what actually makes the implementation of tax rises difficult because it would cause uproar.

Yes, I wasn't ignoring that. We would always have had a pension liability but nothing quite like what we now have. It would be interesting to be able to do some projections for where we would be if we didn't have this monstrous liability, although it is pointless I suppose. 

16 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Yes, I wasn't ignoring that. We would always have had a pension liability but nothing quite like what we now have. It would be interesting to be able to do some projections for where we would be if we didn't have this monstrous liability, although it is pointless I suppose. 

We are in far from disastrous shape if you exclude that pspa issue.  

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I often wonder what is going to happen when we can't meet the PSP obligations and have to renege on the payments to individuals. There will be interesting times ahead as we will be unable to borrow and time is running out, fast!  

Lot's and lot's of folk jumping up and down squealing like stuffed pigs about their entitlements?

Archived