Dacia

Rhumsaa

Has anyone owned or driven one of these cars?

The reviews seem to suggest it's a bargain of a car but I wonder how they handle the mountain rather than nice test roads?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a Dacia Duster 4x4 in Spain. House is out in the hills. It's economical, seat 5 ok, big boot. Seat down it's capacious.

the drive train is qashqai, 2wd, 4wd or auto select. Gear box is manual and smooth 6 forward. 

Driving is comfortable. Acceleration isn't sports car class. It's a 1.5 litre diesel.

for what we use it for its ideal. 

Interior is a bit plastic and grey.

i drive a 17 year old Smart or  a recent Discovery Sport here. It's better than the Smart and not as good as the Discovery.

46 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I've got a Dacia Duster 4x4 in Spain. House is out in the hills. It's economical, seat 5 ok, big boot. Seat down it's capacious.

the drive train is qashqai, 2wd, 4wd or auto select. Gear box is manual and smooth 6 forward. 

Driving is comfortable. Acceleration isn't sports car class. It's a 1.5 litre diesel.

for what we use it for its ideal. 

Interior is a bit plastic and grey.

i drive a 17 year old Smart or  a recent Discovery Sport here. It's better than the Smart and not as good as the Discovery.

Bet it's more reliable though.

3 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

Has anyone owned or driven one of these cars?

The reviews seem to suggest it's a bargain of a car but I wonder how they handle the mountain rather than nice test roads?

I bought the missus one about three years ago.  Brand new top spec Sandero Stepway with a five year warranty for 11k.

It 's a lot of car for the money and largely a Renault.  Who are busy with parts for Nissan.  You can see where they have perhaps saved some money (for example electric window controls have to held all the way up rather than one touch) or no remote boot release.  But the general fit out quality is decent enough and the one we bought came with air con, sat nav and electric windows all round etc.   

The 1.5 diesel pulls well and is economical.  Pleasant enough to drive. On the whole they are excellent value IMHO. 

which is the defining moment when you just give up on life?  Is it when you think of opening a thread about buying a dacia, when you actually open a thread about buying a dacia, buying a dacia, or when you tell people you own a dacia and 'it's sort of OK', or a its ' basically a shit renault'

7 minutes ago, j2bad said:

which is the defining moment when you just give up on life?  Is it when you think of opening a thread about buying a dacia, when you actually open a thread about buying a dacia, buying a dacia, or when you tell people you own a dacia and 'it's sort of OK', or a its ' basically a shit renault'

Good post for you .:)

Archived