Dacia

Rhumsaa

7 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

Absolutely not.

Which I accept, but for day to day commute I'd prefer a more economical option.

I had a little spin in a Sandero today which was surprisingly pleasant tbh. It's just whether the Diesel or Petrol option can handle the mountain road without resorting to ragging 2nd gear.

Get yourself an "ST". You won't need anything below 4th gear . That includes the Hairpin.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

Absolutely not.

Which I accept, but for day to day commute I'd prefer a more economical option.

I had a little spin in a Sandero today which was surprisingly pleasant tbh. It's just whether the Diesel or Petrol option can handle the mountain road without resorting to ragging 2nd gear.

The 1.5 diesel is economical and have enough poke in it for what you want.

Although of economy / cost is important what about the bus??!?! Cheaper and no parking costs ( if you have to pay to park of course).

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Get yourself an "ST". You won't need anything below 4th gear . That includes the Hairpin.

Reckless advice to recommend someme goes out and actively acquires on STI don't you think? 

3 hours ago, paswt said:

including an allegro perhaps ? :D:flowers:

that Allegro was a wondeful beast!

Currently somewhere in Eastern Europe

Does the Diesel engine have the same nightmare issues with Isle of Man driving as the ones on Nissans and Renaults did 10 years ago?

Also people talking about leasing/finance etc. And what good value these are.

You will NEVER get 5k back for an 11 grand Dacia in 3 years a so 2k a year minimum to run.

if you have 11k put 3.5 down, put the rest in saving and pay £139 for the next three years, rinse and repeat three years down the line and always have the latest vehicle which is always under warranty and barely ever needs a service.

a little bit extra each month and they will cover servicing, tyres, pads, exhausts etc as well.

not for everyone but I know what I would do.

http://offers.renault.co.uk/cars/captur/selection?offer=7

4 hours ago, trmpton said:

Does the Diesel engine have the same nightmare issues with Isle of Man driving as the ones on Nissans and Renaults did 10 years ago?

Also people talking about leasing/finance etc. And what good value these are.

You will NEVER get 5k back for an 11 grand Dacia in 3 years a so 2k a year minimum to run.

I had a quick nose on auto trader.  50000 mile examples going for 6500 to 7000 retail. With a mileage adjustment 6k private sale would be achievable here easy enough.

So that's 9-10k here retail then.

Wait for wot ever marque does interest free.

Did that with a fiat once, got two new cars, a set of tyres  and a free engine in less than 2 years with 0%.  The money for the alpha spider sat in the savings account and Fiat even threw in free servicing and an extended warranty coz their cars were soooop crap. Handy when I came to sell it before something else went wrong.

When Eurocars took the Dacia franchise, they knew that there was very little profit per unit in each car but thought that repairs and warranty work would be lucrative. Apparently they are really reliable and people were buying them in preference to a used car. This reduced their used car profitability by quite a chunk.

They don't come with any frills, most things are extras on top of the price, including a stereo and speakers I believe? They are the answer if you just need a reliable cheap runabout I'm sure.

On 06/05/2017 at 11:37 PM, finlo said:

I'd be very wary of anything  diesel now with the political tide turning against them.

Won't happen on the IOM for a long time after the UK, at least 5+ years.  The IOM doesn't care about emissions, a lot of cars running here with all the emissions gubbins removed, no yearly emissions tests to worry about! if anything diesel cost could go down due to lack of demand.

Archived