Advice to a New Immigrant?

Balatro

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Lagman said:

Is it just me that thinks all these Hi I`m coming/think I`m coming to the Island threads are all by the same guy.?

Really? You'd have to be not well to think that. Sock puppet paranoia is contagious. Lots seem to be catching it. Especially in people who haven't posted for ages. 

36 minutes ago, JackCarter said:

Really? You'd have to be not well to think that. Sock puppet paranoia is contagious. Lots seem to be catching it. Especially in people who haven't posted for ages. 

Is sock puppet paranoia where you think everyone is a sock puppet?

5 minutes ago, Lagman said:

Is sock puppet paranoia where you think everyone is a sock puppet?

Bitten already. I had hoped the gap would be longer. 

2 hours ago, Balatro said:

Howdy everyone! I'm a US citizen that has been offered a job on the IoM in the northern plains section (around Jurby, more specifically). I don't have a firm date of when I'll be moving to the isle but it'll be soon'ish.

What should I know? I'm looking for events (festivals, TT, etc), advice on particular banks to use, setting up internet service, grocery shopping, etc - anything and everything that you might wish to share or deem useful!

I'm a 32 year old male - no kids. I've signed a three year contract so I'll be around for a bit.

Hi mate

We have moved over recently, still in transit kind off. Over for the TT now. Will be over permanently later this year. We are in Glen Auldyn. What are you doing on the IoM? We are IT people. So maybe we could pop down to the Traf in Ramsey.

Jane & Tony

Thanks for the helpful advice and humorous responses, everyone!

I've accepted an offer to work for the Diocese of Sodor and Man, so my work will be religious. Glad to meet with anyone over a pint or two.

Archived