Advice to a New Immigrant?

Balatro

1 hour ago, Balatro said:

Thanks for the helpful advice and humorous responses, everyone!

I've accepted an offer to work for the Diocese of Sodor and Man, so my work will be religious. Glad to meet with anyone over a pint or two.

If I recall aright you do not need a work permit to be a sky pilot especially an Anglican one??? Is that so?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

If I recall aright you do not need a work permit to be a sky pilot especially an Anglican one??? Is that so?

As the diocese and I understand it, I do not need a work permit through IoM but I do require a specialized visa (Tier 2) from the UK. Us "sky pilots" get special treatment.

10 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

First thing is don't take a word you read here seriously.

Second thing is you will absolutely love Jurby, it is an amazing place.

your spell-checker might wänt to change jurby to grubby. in many cases the spell-checker will be contextually correct

So let's get this straight, somebody who believes in something that has no hard evidence that this something exists and this something causes misery, destruction, lies etc can waltz into any country without a visa.?

9 hours ago, JaneNash said:

Hi mate

We have moved over recently, still in transit kind off. Over for the TT now. Will be over permanently later this year. We are in Glen Auldyn. What are you doing on the IoM? We are IT people. So maybe we could pop down to the Traf in Ramsey.

Jane & Tony

dogging ad.......

9 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

The last one of these threads was great, the Kawasaki kid totally lost it.

YOU HAVE FUCKING CROSSED THE RUBICON WITH ME. Hahaha thanks for the reminder of that. Lol. I hope they do come to the island.

7 hours ago, Balatro said:

I've accepted an offer to work for the Diocese of Sodor and Man, so my work will be religious. Glad to meet with anyone over a pint or two.

Oh bloody hell. We've got enough God bothering twats here trying to ram their God down our throats and make money off the vulnerable and I'm saying that as a believer in God. We don't need more.

Can't think of anything better, a pint with a pond jumping god botherer. :huh:

4 hours ago, Balatro said:

As the diocese and I understand it, I do not need a work permit through IoM but I do require a specialized visa (Tier 2) from the UK. Us "sky pilots" get special treatment.

"Sky pilot"? So are you going to be employed as a pilot? Is the bishop going to be getting a fancy new plane and personal air chauffeur?? You can't use a visa designed for pilots, even if you are one, if your intended job isn't to be a pilot.

13 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

"Sky pilot"? So are you going to be employed as a pilot? Is the bishop going to be getting a fancy new plane and personal air chauffeur?? You can't use a visa designed for pilots, even if you are one, if your intended job isn't to be a pilot.

:rolleyes:

Well you are in the right place if you want to convert the heathen!

The Isle of Man has a long history of Celtic saints and mystics living alone in small stone chapels like hermits...If you go on YouTube under "Time Team" they excavate one of these "Kiels" (Probably wrong spelling!) This is on Castletown golf links (Time Team)...

If it is not a silly question, are you sailing to the Isle of Man in a stone coffin like the Celtic missionaries did from Ireland? Will you carry a miraculous staff, plant it in the holy Manx soil and see it sprout into a miraculous tree. They had a habit of doing things like that the old Celtic "Sky pilots"...

On a serious note, I did retranslate and reinterpret the Gospel of Mark into what I think was its original esoteric format. This is not exactly high volume publishing but you can see the titles under my name (Real name this Barrie Stevens) if you enter same in the on-line main catalogue of the British Library and likewise the SOLO catalogue of the Bodleian Library (Oxford university) and I think Trinity College Dublin Stella catalogue on line....Basically though I am still an Anglican inside.

I did most of my scriptural work on the Isle of Man and published it elsewhere so I suppose I am a "Sky pilot" also!......

Archived