Sky Phone line Query

Rhumsaa

Has anyone had issues with plugging in their sky box telephone/internet line and then the phone has stopped working?

My phone works if I unplug the multi adapter thing and just have the phone going in direct so it's not faulty. Sky & Internet work fine when plugged in.

2 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

..........if it's any help, I've never had my phone plugged into the sky box.............

:-|

Maybe I've explained this poorly

I have a multi adapter thing at my phone socket. Phone plugs into one socket. A line goes off to another adapter and that has a cable going to my router and one to my sky box.

Was working fine, unplugged the sky and router to move stuff and when replugged the phone stopped working. The phone had not been unplugged during this process.

Yeah, I had this issue a few years ago. They wanted it plugged into the phone line for some reason but I just stopped doing it because it was interfering. Cancelled Sky soon after though. 

I plugged it in with a super long extension cable the day they installed it and unplugged it as soon as they left, never plugged it back in. Multiroom box too. Neither Sky box has been connected to the phone lines for at least seven years and it's not caused me any problems. 

Archived