No Cycling on the Mountain during ManxGP

Tarne

36 minutes ago, finlo said:

I'll do the same for the knobheads who were cycling the wrong way down a one way street and expecting me to get out of their way.

Good lad. You will capture people idiots who deserve to be reported. However, I think the number of moronic motorists will exceed your "captures". :rolleyes:

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, paswt said:

Fair comment, however the same could be said for those who describe all motorcyclists in   offensive terms, designed  I suspect, to offend.

Just saying :flowers:

From personal experience, I find motorcyclists to be polite and fine to share the road with. And most car drivers to be honest.

Van and truck drivers are another matter. All my near death episodes have involved a transit or bigger. 

Bus drivers are pretty good. 

Just now, Mr Shoe said:

From personal experience, I find motorcyclists to be polite and fine to share the road with. And most car drivers to be honest.

Van and truck drivers are another matter. All my near death episodes have involved a transit or bigger. 

Truck drivers get frustrated because several cyclists insist on riding 6feet from the side at about 15mph.

The trucks can't overtake so why oh why don't the cyclists just pull in for one minute and let the truck and it's following traffic pass ?

7 hours ago, Mr Shoe said:

Don't forget the school run, as they rush to, or from dropping off the kiddies and then head to work in their seven seater people carrier's, it really is like we don't exist.

• 9 months later...

I cycled around that route last week. No problems as far as I could see. I make my own decisions and make my own risk assessments on where it is safe based on my own speed/ability. Maybe this is an old topic but just saw it and thought it might be relavent. Don't know what the fuss is all about. 

10 minutes ago, Daz said:

I cycled around that route last week. No problems as far as I could see. I make my own decisions and make my own risk assessments on where it is safe based on my own speed/ability. Maybe this is an old topic but just saw it and thought it might be relavent. Don't know what the fuss is all about. 

The problem is, and I do cycle myself on occasion, that you could come into hard contact with somebody whose speed is far greater than yours and whose ability is questionable. You can be wiped out before you even know anything is wrong. Certainly not for me, but good luck!

1 hour ago, Daz said:

typical cyclist breaking the law.....

:whistling:

I would always travel at a speed that allows me to stop in the distance I can see to be clear. If you can't see round a bend then slow down until you come out of the bend and the view ahead increases. No matter if I'm on my bike, motorbike or in the car I always take that approach and there would be just as much chance of someone going into the back of me based on speed alone. It would be there fault for being irresponsible on public roads though. 

No but its not just about me it's for their own safety too, they could be dead aswell. And as I said if I was in the car and they went into me they would be probably worse off and also their fault. So something needs to be done to stop that happening. 

Archived