No Cycling on the Mountain during ManxGP

Tarne

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So because motorist's will be riding and driving even more inappropriately than usual, other legitimate Road users get forced off the road. How about more legislation for safer driving and riding around cyclists instead of punishing them. 30mph all Island speed limit during TT and the festival could work. :-o 

1 hour ago, BeachBoy said:

So because motorist's will be riding and driving even more inappropriately than usual, other legitimate Road users get forced off the road. How about more legislation for safer driving and riding around cyclists instead of punishing them. 30mph all Island speed limit during TT and the festival could work. :-o 

Well it makes sense doesn't it? Why do cyclists voluntarily want to wipe themselves out by riding in such wildly inappropriate circumstances? Im sure if the Mountain Road was on fire there would still be a number of cyclists who would assert their rights to ride the road. 

I won't even take the car up there at TT and MGP time because of the danger so quite why being stopped from cycling up there get cyclists so mad I really don't know. Unless they all have a secret death wish and / or they are suicidal. 

23 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Well it makes sense doesn't it? Why do cyclists voluntarily want to wipe themselves out by riding in such wildly inappropriate circumstances? Im sure if the Mountain Road was on fire there would still be a number of cyclists who would assert their rights to ride the road. 

I won't even take the car up there at TT and MGP time because of the danger so quite why being stopped from cycling up there get cyclists so mad I really don't know. Unless they all have a secret death wish and / or they are suicidal. 

Of course, we could leave the suicidal / Death wish options to the motorcyclists that die or are maimed each year. Well thought through argument you have there.

He's right though Beachboy. 

Cyclists are a danger to themselves up there in TT week but more importantly they are a danger to other road users. 

With the road up there being two way this is even more the case.  

Sensible move and long overdue.

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

But accident statistics show that the people most likely to have the accidents in these circumstances are motorcyclists.  So on your argument, it should be them who are banned from the Mountain Road.  And I'd also like to see the legal basis for this rather than just the usual DoI "Because we want to do it".

Archived