Not what's wanted

Neil Down

2 hours ago, Caesar said:

Many a true word was said in jest.........

Well we all know how the Isle of Man works. Some folk on here might want to pretend that it's different to fool themselves but there's plenty of pedo's around and always have been. The powers the be know about them all. That's why we'll never have a Sarah's Law or a proper register. It's always been a pedo exchange scheme as far as the IOM is concerned. It's just the way it is. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NegativeNeil said:

Well we all know how the Isle of Man works. Some folk on here might want to pretend that it's different to fool themselves but there's plenty of pedo's around and always have been. The powers the be know about them all. That's why we'll never have a Sarah's Law or a proper register. It's always been a pedo exchange scheme as far as the IOM is concerned. It's just the way it is. 

I don't think you can stop anyone moving here to live, people who have been in that kind of trouble may come here because it is generally safe and they are away from the easy access of vigilante nutters? I don't think the island has an inherent attraction for career paedophiles other than to try and start a new life? 

9 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don't think you can stop anyone moving here to live, people who have been in that kind of trouble may come here because it is generally safe and they are away from the easy access of vigilante nutters? I don't think the island has an inherent attraction for career paedophiles other than to try and start a new life? 

So you know it's always happened too. It's the Manx way. We all know it. 

7 minutes ago, NegativeNeil said:

So you know it's always happened too. It's the Manx way. We all know it. 

I don't know if it has always happened or if it's happened at all? It's hardly the Manx way as you call it, how can that be? It's not as though we welcome people like that with open arms, they find their own way here, just as they find their way into other communities. We don't have an immigration policy as we are part of the British Isles, it seems that we can only bar people from the island if they commit a crime here and are not a resident?

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

huh? what are the pedos exchanged for in return? and who sends them?

I'll be damned if I know the answer to your question but it is absolutely true that pedos come here from the UK to evade Sarah's Law. Perhaps nothing is exchanged. Perhaps they just walk on the boat and come here, no questions asked. It's not as if we have a rigorous ID check system. I doubt the Steam Packet cross-reference passenger lists with lists of convicted pedos. Coming to the Isle of Man must be easy. I'm aware of murderers who have come here to avoid the UK authorities as well.

On 8/13/2017 at 9:48 PM, Max Power said:

I'm not so sure Max. If you go back to the 1970s and earlier there was a lot of dodgy folk here. I'm sure it's not changed that much as the IOM has always been a bit like Vanity Fair for paedophiles and other dysfunctional folk. We've been a place they can run away to when they get caught in the UK or elsewhere and go about their lives largely unnoticed until they commit another crime. There's court cases popping up all the time involving ex IOM clergy and school teachers etc. 

Archived