Festivals & Events on the IOM

Steve Egglesden

Hi All,

We are a newly formed group who are wanting to see safer events and festivals within the entire UK.

If anybody has any stories of events or festivals you have been to where you felt unsafe, or that the event was in some way dangerous. Would you please message me so we can build a picture of just how many take place in the UK without correctly being signed off.

If you have any questions regarding this either message me or please visit Advocates For Event Safety - AFES on Facebook.

Thank you

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Steve Egglesden said:

Hi All,

We are a newly formed group who are wanting to see safer events and festivals within the entire UK.

If anybody has any stories of events or festivals you have been to where you felt unsafe, or that the event was in some way dangerous. Would you please message me so we can build a picture of just how many take place in the UK without correctly being signed off.

If you have any questions regarding this either message me or please visit Advocates For Event Safety - AFES on Facebook.

Thank you

God loves a trier. ;)

I wish you well though. someone needs to look at things.

59 minutes ago, Steve Egglesden said:

If anybody has any stories of events or festivals you have been to where you felt unsafe, or that the event was in some way dangerous.

I didn't go, but there was a recent Ariana Grande concert in Manchester that was targeted by a suicide bomber. That was very dangerous. 

I'm not sure what you are after. I've been to lots of festivals but not really had any times I've been in fear. 

I did Steward at one where the New Age travellers were denied entry and throwing stuff over the fence at us, but they never got passed security. 

1 hour ago, Declan said:

Is this about getting at Tiny Cow?

No. This isn't a witch hunt. However I was at the Hope & Glory Festival in Liverpool which has started all this off. We have had to contact TESS ourselves to include statements and photos for the inquiry.

So Tinycow is included, but this is not solely about them. There has been a lot of people nationally asked exactly the same as I have asked you guys.

Though I do know you've had history with Tinycow, my understanding of it is that it wasn't a dangerous or unsafe event like Hope & Glory, but a non profitable event. That isn't what we are looking at.

Though if people did feel unsafe, then please let me know the reasons. Again, this is at any event.

Archived