I give up

Aristotle

8 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

I properly need to get down to Homestores and buy a larger kitchen bin so I can justify buying the larger bags you get in rolls.

It always seems kind of disgusting to me keeping big bags of kitchen waste hanging around in the kitchen - whether or not in a bin. Like bringing the compost heap indoors.

1 minute ago, pongo said:

It always seems kind of disgusting to me keeping big bags of kitchen waste hanging around in the kitchen - whether or not in a bin. Like bringing the compost heap indoors.

I agree, which is why I've always used a small bin and used plastic bags from Tesco. I have about three Tesco bags left. I have about 20 Shoprite bags in a cupboard but they're not up to the task of holding much -- very weak and sauces/liquids/oils soon find their way out of the bag and into the bin. There's still M&S bags which are 5p. I have about a dozen of those in a cupboard and they're my main choice, but it's not very cost-effective. I've started accumulating Tesco bags for life on top of my refrigerator, but they never seem to be on me when I go to Tesco, so I just end up buying more.

I did buy a roll of small bags, but they smell like fish and they don't have anything at the top to close the bag. When I used one, it was a nightmare trying to get it out of the bin without the contents going all over the floor. I ended up having to put it into a standard plastic bag from Tesco. They're not up to the task.

3 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

I did buy a roll of small bags, but they smell like fish and they don't have anything at the top to close the bag. When I used one, it was a nightmare trying to get it out of the bin without the contents going all over the floor. I ended up having to put it into a standard plastic bag from Tesco. They're not up to the task.

First world issues, as they say. Why bother with a bin at all. Use small bags and tie a knot in them before taking them out after cooking.

Archived