2017 Gold Cup Scrapped....

La Colombe

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Or the roads open car, course car, spectator car. VIP car. 

You need to be concerned with the fast cars driven by Joe Bloggs, more than the ones driven by highly skilled professional drivers.

I knowhat your saying, but that Subaru is being driven at 110%

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, finlo said:

I knowhat your saying, but that Subaru is being driven at 110%

TBH, I think more like 95%.

I remember Brian Mylchreest (sp) driving at high speed and wondering WTF is going on here. Too many wealthy or just unskilled folk allowed to drive these cars

15 minutes ago, notwell said:

I spoke to Mark Higgins about the Subaru lap. Make no mistake he is pushing as hard as he can.

Whilst I think he's a wonderfully skilled driver (and seems a very decent fella) I'd be glad not to see that lap attempted again.

Like he is going to say that he didn't really push too hard ?

That was a sunday trip out compared to rally driving.

I do not know what happened at Oliver's Mount beyond the little I have read but any accident involving spectators in a road circuit accident should potentially affect the TT as it may cause the insurers to review their cover. I would also expect the organisers of the TT to take into account when reviewing safety etc. to see if there is anything they need to do differently. There may not be but just to ignore and treat as irrelevant because it happened elsewhere should not be acceptable. 

at least he saved himself.....

On lap 3, disaster struck with front brake failure. I did everything in my power to slow the 280kg Electric superbike but it was useless.

Fortunately, I managed to miss several competitors before making the decision to jump off the bike at between 50/60mph.

The bike unfortunately hit the fence at Drury's hairpin, before being involved with spectators in the field behind.

19 hours ago, Lost Login said:

I do not know what happened at Oliver's Mount beyond the little I have read but any accident involving spectators in a road circuit accident should potentially affect the TT as it may cause the insurers to review their cover. I would also expect the organisers of the TT to take into account when reviewing safety etc. to see if there is anything they need to do differently. There may not be but just to ignore and treat as irrelevant because it happened elsewhere should not be acceptable. 

Certainly after 3 fatalities at the Jim Clark Rally, the Mull Rally has been cancelled for this year due to difficulties getting insurance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-40187432

Archived