Woman in a tent

Nomadic Raptor

4 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Does this mean that the forum can register no new users then without people trying to tear them apart before they've even built up a posting history? I think it's great that new posters are registering given some of the somewhat tiresome regulars who hang out on here. New views to read and hear and all that. 

Fully agree, it’s just this forum appears to get new posters shortly after somebody gets called out... just saying ...:whistling:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Fully agree, it’s just this forum appears to get new posters shortly after somebody gets called out... just saying ...:whistling:

How do you know when people are banned? I don't. I have no idea when anyone gets banned. I still think this is a nasty campaign against TJ again. You can't say every new poster is him and then try to get other posters to either ignore them on that basis or try to get them banned on their first post. Some new posters are bringing different views on here as it has got a bit tired. I'm wondering what people have got to fear from new posters? 

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

How do you know when people are banned? I don't. I have no idea when anyone gets banned. I still think this is a nasty campaign against TJ again. You can't say every new poster is him and then try to get other posters to either ignore them in that basis or try to get them banned. Some new posters are bringing different views in here as it has got a bit tired. 

I think you will find I have never, repeat never accused any poster of being “TJ”. Mainly because I don’t have a clue who TJ is other than every other poster is accused of being him...

3 hours ago, woolley said:

Well the evidence suggests you are right, Roger. But why just lurk and never say anything? Like being at a disco and never asking a girl to dance.

..............I for one, only post when I really have something to say..........I often find that other folk have said what I would have said so I 'like'.........I have to be very concerned about something to make me post......

27 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

How do you know when people are banned? I don't. I have no idea when anyone gets banned. I still think this is a nasty campaign against TJ again. You can't say every new poster is him and then try to get other posters to either ignore them on that basis or try to get them banned on their first post. Some new posters are bringing different views on here as it has got a bit tired. I'm wondering what people have got to fear from new posters? 

A regular poster (or 5) will usually say something offensive about "ans", then say poor old TJ got a ban or WMM got a ban.

That is almost always followed up within minutes by a new poster.

That in itself causes real new posters to be viewed with suspicion, probably wrongly most of the time.

Does that make sense ? :huh:

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

A regular poster (or 5) will usually say something offensive about "ans", then say poor old TJ got a ban or WMM got a ban.

That in itself causes real new posters to be viewed with suspicion, probably wrongly most of time.

Ok, I'm a new poster, although I have been reading posts on here for quite a while.

Let's hear the suspicious views...

12 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That in itself causes real new posters to be viewed with suspicion, probably wrongly most of the time.

Does that make sense ? :huh:

Im not having a go at you Dilli but we all know the confusion a random new poster causes after a ban don't we (?) Don't worry your secret is safe with me. But I do think that assuming everyone is TJ just fucks off and causes problems for any new genuine poster who is usually accused of being TJ within 30 seconds and then gets life made very hard for them indeed and probably gives up! It's stopping more than a few new people coming in I'm sure. 

9 minutes ago, De nada said:
14 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That in itself causes real new posters to be viewed with suspicion, probably wrongly most of time.

Ok, I'm a new poster, although I have been reading posts on here for quite a while.

Let's hear the suspicious views...

No suspicion here. You don't fit that mould.

"You are welcome", by the way. :)

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Im not having a go at you Dilli but we all know the confusion a random new poster causes after a ban don't we (?) Don't worry your secret is safe with me. But I do think that assuming everyone is TJ just fucks off and causes problems for any new genuine poster who is usually accused of being TJ within 30 seconds and then gets life made very hard for them indeed and probably gives up! It's stopping more than a few new people coming in I'm sure. 

Totally agree with you. (as does my bird).;)

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I jumped in once (?) on new poster " michaeleaton" as I thought it was someone else taking the piss.

I PM'd an apology to him and he accepted it. :)

I take a lot more care now. 

I've done the same to a new poster and regretted it. I think people need to give it time to see if a poster shows their cards. It will put new posters off if everyone just piles in on them from outset. 

Archived