Woman in a tent

Nomadic Raptor

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure someone will take the burden of owning a house with no mortage off of her for a few quid , except she'll probably rather sponge of

f the rest of us rather than sell it cheap and put the cash in the bank.

The second I see a 'downtrodden' photo on any news article published by the local rag you can guarantee its some appalling hard luck story that has no substance to it. This woman needs a slap in the face with a wet fish to bring her into the real world. Rumour has it that she inherited this property 3 years ago, together with an undisclosed sum of cash. She then is alleged to have gutted the property to spend her money modernising it whilst she carried on living in her RATE PAYER SUBSIDISED HOUSE then when the cash was gone, she was left with a house that allegedly was inhabitable. No shame.

That said, the politicians who came to her rescue and fawned over her like she is some poor refugee is utterly pathetic, and even more shameful that they should be giving this woman a minute of their time.

On 10/13/2017 at 0:03 PM, Neil Down said:

Dear me, another "newbie" - has anybody recently been banned :thumbsup:

Does this mean that the forum can register no new users then without people trying to tear them apart before they've even built up a posting history? I think it's great that new posters are registering given some of the somewhat tiresome regulars who hang out on here. New views to read and hear and all that. 

15 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I think it's great that new posters are registering given some of the somewhat tiresome regulars who hang out on here. New views to read and hear and all that. 

Bravo. The more points of view the merrier, and the healthier the forums. Provided that is, that they are actually new posters and not just some cretin with mental deficiency who thinks that posting under several aliases is smart.

10 minutes ago, woolley said:

Bravo. The more points of view the merrier, and the healthier the forums. Provided that is, that they are actually new posters and not just some cretin with mental deficiency who thinks that posting under several aliases is smart.

Fear of newcomers is a rather odd concept on an open forum though dont you think? I wonder why people are so obsessed about it when clearly (and I'm not referring to you here Woolley at all) most of them seem to have a handful of accounts themselves but that seems to be entirely fine. This all seems to be about potential TJ outing again which I think is unfair. I'm looking forward to hearing from new account holders and new views rather than some people trying to convince other posters that every new poster has to be TJ who needs to be banned before anything has even been said. 

Yes.

I don't think I would ever ban anyone unless they were running the risk of dragging the forum into legal sanction. At the same time I would not allow anyone more than one alias and if it was apparent that this was being flouted I would ban them totally, so everyone would be on notice not to do that and also to keep it legal.

Beyond that, the more the merrier, even if they are liberals......... (searches in vain for "through gritted teeth emoticon".)

OK. We're agreed. I just took a look. There are about 100 people on here currently give or take. Right at this moment looking at something or other. 30 are members and the rest are guests.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/online/

So what are you all looking at without saying anything? Come on folks, tell us your stories.

I'll do you a deal. You post some interesting stuff to diversify the place and I'll post less. You know, do more reading and less posting. Deal?

1 minute ago, woolley said:

OK. We're agreed. I just took a look. There are about 100 people on here currently give or take. Right at this moment looking at something or other. 30 are members and the rest are guests.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/online/

So what are you all looking at without saying anything? Come on folks, tell us your stories.

I'll do you a deal. You post some interesting stuff to diversify the place and I'll post less. You know, do more reading and less posting. Deal?

I believe the usual rule of thumb for forums, message boards and so on has always been that out of every 100 people, only ten ever post anything and only one is a regular, day in day out, contributor.  There's no real need or expectation for everyone to contribute and a lot of people will only write something when it's something they have knowledge of or feel passionate about.

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

Well the evidence suggests you are right, Roger. But why just lurk and never say anything? Like being at a disco and never asking a girl to dance.

Looking at how many civil servants jumped into the thread on Edges pay review so quickly this afternoon I think we all know the answer. They're the disco inspectors just making sure the fire regs are being observed by the disco organizers and the disco dancers. 

Archived