A question for foreign aid do-gooders

llap

At what point can the Isle of Man expect foreign aid from all the countries we've been helping for years, to help us with Hurricane Ophelia? We must have racked up quite a lot of friends around the world who will jump to return the favour and provide their support now in our time of need.

15 minutes ago, llap said:

At what point can the Isle of Man expect foreign aid from all the countries we've been helping for years, to help us with Hurricane Ophelia? We must have racked up quite a lot of friends around the world who will jump to return the favour and provide their support now in our time of need.

Are you for real? What friends? Sierra Leone, Bangladesh and Syria? We will get sweet FA, not that any of the so called friends have the proverbial pot to urininate into. If we were to pass around the begging bowl, can you imagine the vilification and negative PR it would receive. I would argue that it would be prudent for the IOM Government to have money set aside for civil/natural disasters. 

23 minutes ago, llap said:

How bad is the Island affected? Looks like Ireland took a battering.

Boat and planes cancelled. Plus a local commissioner has posted a photo of no toilet roll left in Tesco. Just how long do you think the veneer of civilisation will hold together when people can't wipe their arses or feed themselves? It is a humanitarian crisis in the making.

Zero foreign aid, because we don't need as we're a rich nation and the only people who die from it are idiots who decide "Ah, janeymaccers, I've got to go cut this tree down with my chainsaw. Oh janeymaccers I've gone and chainsawed myself and I'll have a nice lie down and pray" 

3 minutes ago, Tarne said:

Zero foreign aid, because we don't need as we're a rich nation and the only people who die from it are idiots who decide "Ah, janeymaccers, I've got to go cut this tree down with my chainsaw. Oh janeymaccers I've gone and chainsawed myself and I'll have a nice lie down and pray" 

Where does the impression that Mann is a rich nation come from?

6 minutes ago, Tarne said:

Sound advice son

Archived