Floodwatch 2017

ans

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the main road through Foxdale, that was shut for the best part of a year to install a water main, sewerage pipes and to IMPROVE DRAINAGE has been closed due to excess water running down it.

Just been for a wander round the harbour in castletown, today isn't the day to test the great wall, although the water level is quite high and there is tons of debris from the river it is still not as high as the harbour was before all this new work. Under the bridge by poulson park is flooded but it often is.

I saw a man taking a short cut through the harbour in Castletown this morning, he probably wasn't taking a short cut, more likely going to check a boat mooring but I did laugh to myself at the initial thought that he was taking a short cut through the sea to avoid getting wet.

I get scared on Richmond hill when its 'like you're driving on a river', I am quite sure it was never as bad as it is now before they fixed it. When my grandad was a farmer (before he retired and died) they all used to go round to each others farms and sort out the drains, my friend & I were talking about it today at work seems drain maintaining is a thing of the past (he has no idea I call him my friend, he's a customer but I really like him, he probably hates me because I am silly...lots). Would farmers sorting their drains out stop roads flooding as much?

1 hour ago, thebees said:

I saw a man taking a short cut through the harbour in Castletown this morning, he probably wasn't taking a short cut, more likely going to check a boat mooring but I did laugh to myself at the initial thought that he was taking a short cut through the sea to avoid getting wet.

I get scared on Richmond hill when its 'like you're driving on a river', I am quite sure it was never as bad as it is now before they fixed it. When my grandad was a farmer (before he retired and died) they all used to go round to each others farms and sort out the drains, my friend & I were talking about it today at work seems drain maintaining is a thing of the past (he has no idea I call him my friend, he's a customer but I really like him, he probably hates me because I am silly...lots). Would farmers sorting their drains out stop roads flooding as much?

Bees, there are no farmers now, they are custodians, dear. ;)

I'm glad you could read that ! Looks to me like there's too much caffeine in my blood stream :) Regarding the custodian thing, I know some hard working farmers, some of whom are landowners (friend of a friend) I also know some fat greedy b'stard farmers, don't need to ask which category the one by the Richmond is in. Maybe the government didn't pay him enough for that land...bahahahahaha.

Archived