gettafa

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Would that be the same administration that gave your parent/parents a good living and you a good education (and inheritance without tax)  ?.

Funny how quick people forget.

To be fair:

1. He went to Hogwarts (with my brother FWIW). Would have saved the govt a fortune.

2. Most UK estates don’t pay inheritance tax. It really only affects wealthy estates. But you are right - they should bring it in here.

27 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Would that be the same administration that gave your parent/parents a good living and you a good education (and inheritance without tax)  ?.

Funny how quick people forget.

Nope. Far better back in the day.

On 07/12/2017 at 11:09 PM, thesultanofsheight said:

Firstly I think Phil Craine should probably be treated like the French collaborators at some stage and paraded through the street shaven headed so we can all throw rock at him. He seems to delight in the fact that one day everyone in the IOM might be back to living whatever mundane skint boring existence he is living. That aside putting pressure on us over zero ten might help save this place and kick start employment. Mark Solly made a good case for doing away with it in the papers a few weeks ago; and if you see what’s happening in Ireland and the Netherlands where it’s now about building out companies of substance rather than brass plates run by CSPS then I dont think it will be the doom and gloom scenario Craine believes it will be. There will be an adjustment along the way though. 

I strarted typing a very similar thread title yesterday...unfortunately got stuck with work stuff..but yeah.

We have two major problems here at the moment...fifth columnists and people riding the system (mostly govt employee types and some MHKs and most MLCs.)

We need to get this island back into the control of those that care about it...not leach off it.

We were left a great legacy in the 80s...tax efficiencies...

Now we have too many useless wankers sucking it to death.

Phil Craine needs hanging on hango hill - hippy wankster.

But so does Geoff Corkish.

Time to take this island back from the wallys.

16 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I strarted typing a very similar thread title yesterday...unfortunately got stuck with work stuff..but yeah.

We have two major problems here at the moment...fifth columnists and people riding the system (mostly govt employee types and some MHKs and most MLCs.)

We need to get this island back into the control of those that care about it...not leach off it.

We were left a great legacy in the 80s...tax efficiencies...

Now we have too many useless wankers sucking it to death.

Phil Craine needs hanging on hango hill - hippy wankster.

But so does Geoff Corkish.

Time to take this island back from the wallys.

You have my vote Albert. But in the absence of that we need a Coup D’etat .. 

'' Phil Craine needs hanging on hango hill - hippy wankster.

Time to take this island back from the wallys.  '

Irony?

now that's ironic, i wasn't feeling hearty to the post!
don't know how that got there???

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

'' Phil Craine needs hanging on hango hill - hippy wankster.

Time to take this island back from the wallys.  '

Irony?

Albert is right, it’s time for the people who care about the IOM and it’s future to take it back. Not allow the taxpayer funded hyenas who are feeding off its corpse for their own benefit to continue. 

17 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Phil Craine needs hanging

What a deeply unpleasant and stupid thing to write. You should argue the politics and the economics, not the person.

There is also nothing traitorous about someone expressing a different point of view. Personally I doubt that there is any long term future for quasi independence if that means having a tiny economy based on continually looking for new loopholes to exploit. I don’t see that as a sustainable or solid model. But I would only ever make that point politely and nicely. And I would always be open to alternative points of view.

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

What a deeply unpleasant and stupid thing to write. You should argue the politics and the economics, not the person.

There is also nothing traitorous about someone expressing a different point of view. Personally I doubt that there is any long term future for quasi independence if that means having a tiny economy based on continually looking for new loopholes to exploit. I don’t see that as a sustainable or solid model. But I would only ever make that point politely and nicely. And I would always be open to alternative points of view.

Assaulting the moral high ground is always an uphill struggle....

Plato?

Archived