gettafa

Manx Radio:   Is Zero-10 under threat?

No it's not. It's a dead parrot that was knocked off it's silly little perch yonks ago.

0-10 ended when Eddie Teare introduced Increase in corporate rate of income tax for income from land and property in the Isle of Man from 10% to 20%. .

I realise this has all been done before with the likes of notwell (is he Eddie Teare?) trying to defend it as a nothing tax, but Manx Radio has grabbed the ugly head and reared it.

It used to be just '0' (Zero) of course.Then when the 10% was introduced '0-10' sounded sexy enough. But '0-10-20' just sounds shit. It certainly means 0-10 is gone. Who the fuck (wtf) is Treasury and the Goverbnmenbt trying to kid? Aye, they can call it '0-10' but only if they add 'and just a little bit - like being a little bit pregnant - of 20% but we don't include that in our slogan because it doesn't generally relate to the mega-rich barstards who are sneaking their mega-£millions onto the Isle of Man tax haven'

In a nutshell:

0-10 my arse.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly I think Phil Craine should probably be treated like the French collaborators at some stage and paraded through the street shaven headed so we can all throw rock at him. He seems to delight in the fact that one day everyone in the IOM might be back to living whatever mundane skint boring existence he is living. That aside putting pressure on us over zero ten might help save this place and kick start employment. Mark Solly made a good case for doing away with it in the papers a few weeks ago; and if you see what’s happening in Ireland and the Netherlands where it’s now about building out companies of substance rather than brass plates run by CSPS then I dont think it will be the doom and gloom scenario Craine believes it will be. There will be an adjustment along the way though. 

Implicit in this listing is a massive threat to at least five UK tax havens. The  EU has given notice to Jersey, Guernsey, the  Isle of Man,  Cayman and  Bermuda  that they have to transform their entire corporate tax systems if they are to avoid the imposition  of tax haven sanctions within a year.

Thanks for the shit sandwich all you brexiteers....

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2017/12/05/the-eus-message-to-tax-havens-has-one-real-target-and-thats-the-uk/

Although the shambles that is brexit might just save the situation...

28 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Firstly I think Phil Craine should probably be treated like the French collaborators at some stage and paraded through the street shaven headed so we can all throw rock at him. He seems to delight in the fact that one day everyone in the IOM might be back to living whatever mundane skint boring existence he is living. That aside putting pressure on us over zero ten might help save this place and kick start employment. Mark Solly made a good case for doing away with it in the papers a few weeks ago; and if you see what’s happening in Ireland and the Netherlands where it’s now about building out companies of substance rather than brass plates run by CSPS then I dont think it will be the doom and gloom scenario Craine believes it will be. There will be an adjustment along the way though. 

The more I see and hear Phil Craine, the more I think he is a complete twat. I can't believe he take pleasure from doing his own people down. 

He may think he is clever now scoring points when we are somewhat cornered, but if the shit hits the fan too much he will maybe need to be careful what he does.

Phil's smug and comfy and was left plenty of wedge. He is a hobby do-gooder. So easy to be holy Joe when you don't have to fear eating that shit sandwich.

You know that kid at school that delights in smirking to the teacher. That's him that is.

9 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Phil's smug and comfy and was left plenty of wedge. He is a hobby do-gooder. So easy to be holy Joe when you don't have to fear eating that shit sandwich.

You know that kid at school that delights in smirking to the teacher. That's him that is.

If that is the case I’ll shave the twats head myself. 

9 hours ago, P.K. said:

Thanks for the shit sandwich all you brexiteers....

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2017/12/05/the-eus-message-to-tax-havens-has-one-real-target-and-thats-the-uk/

Although the shambles that is brexit might just save the situation...

Never mind PK, it's not long now before you will be able to apply for your EU federal passport. Don't worry, Martin has the answer....

Mind, you'll have a hard time trying to decide which member state will suit your pocket (tax-wise). There's a myriad of tax rates. bet you'll look at the lowest rate first. Hungary's not a bad place to live I'm told, especially if you like goulash and the tax rate's only 9% for companies and 15% for individuals (in fact better than IOM).

Then, of course, there's the new EU army that you could sign up for. Problem is, what language will they use for "take aim, fire".? And it'll be interesting to see if Germany & France pay their full wack to pay for all the new equipment they'll need because both UK and USA will pull out of NATO, the very thing that has protected Europe for the last 60 or so years. But by then it'll be too late as Vlad the Impaler will have long crossed the Polish and Bulgarian borders.... it'll be just like old times!  :D

9 hours ago, gettafa said:

The thing is, he isn’t the only one who is a do-Gooder Guardianista, there are quite a few of them. Usually involved in local politics and embedded with charities, which in turn manage to hoover up nice donations from IOMG. Criticise then get rewarded. Many of the left winger Guardianista hoping IOMG zero 10 and other policies get canned. They have this warped belief that there will be money for foreign aid, and the very countries receiving aid, will be able to recover funds from companies in 0/10 jurisdictions. 

If these do-gooders have the urge to criticise, then stand for office - Tynpotwald! By my recollection, I don’t think they got voted in.

33 minutes ago, woody2 said:

who made the eu the worlds police? the world should club together and tell them to sod off, the usa did and they soon went running for the hills....

how about everyone else puts them on a blacklist....

The UK still has 'friends' (worlds nations being one big Facebook) and the only thing EU has to watch out for - apart from losing the huge financial contribution from UK - is being seen as a bully and losing favour with the rest of the world. That tipping point is probably not far away.

14 minutes ago, twinkle said:

NONE of the EUSSR's tax dodging states (Ireland,luxemburg,or Belgium) are mentioned on this list, nor is Delaware on it so how the fuck can they criticise us.

Grow up. The EU obliged Ireland to recover 13 billion euro from Apple, similar situation with Belgium and some multinationals. Luxembourg is under severe pressure from Brussels. Don't confuse the EU with your own tinpot administration.

13 minutes ago, gettafa said:

The UK still has 'friends' (worlds nations being one big Facebook) and the only thing EU has to watch out for - apart from losing the huge financial contribution from UK - is being seen as a bully and losing favour with the rest of the world. That tipping point is probably not far away.

plenty of UN members that would like to sanction them....

8 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Grow up. The EU obliged Ireland to recover 13 billion euro from Apple, similar situation with Belgium and some multinationals. Luxembourg is under severe pressure from Brussels. Don't confuse the EU with your own tinpot administration.

And Ireland has told them to get stuffed. The issue at stake here is whether the Commission has the legal right to determine what a member states tax regime should be.

The ruling by the General Court of EU will be a milestone in EU taxation affairs. If it goes against Ireland/Apple then Ireland won't see a penny of it but it will open the gates for The Commission to start setting tax rates that it, and it alone, thinks should be set. 

It's not going to end well, either for Ireland or the other members.

Archived