Freedom of Thought and Speech

Chinahand

19 hours ago, Rog said:

IMO any restriction on absolute freedom of speech very soon knocks on to restriction of thought. Political Correctness is wrong, if a thing is found to be offensive to a person's values then tough, live with it or after a reason why but don't expect change to follow. Individuals views on the differences between races, ethnicities, and social norms simply reflect facts, similarly dislike of homosexuality behaviour is a personal thing.

While racism or social values should not automatically bar the progress that a person can make based on their abilities, nor should abnormal sexual predilections, it should be the absolute right for people to express their feelings about them.

I don't like snowflakes.

Says the "person" who uses "Anti-Semitism" as a road block to shut down conversations...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Says the "person" who uses "Anti-Semitism" as a road block to shut down conversations...

Identifying a thing is not the same as using that thing to curtail discussion and debate which involves it.  If people want to engage in Jew hatred then let them. All I would ask is that they justify their hatred.  Who knows, they might even be right to feel as they do!

Richard, dear heart, do at least try to think things through.

Just now, Rog said:

Identifying a thing is not the same as using that thing to curtail discussion and debate which involves it.  If people want to engage in Jew hatred then let them. All I would ask is that they justify their hatred.  Who knows, they might even be right to feel as they do!

Richard, dear heart, do at least try to think things through.

Righto Susan.

1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

Is calling someone a “poofter” a hate crime as the head of London transport says:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42584168

Socially unacceptable, bullying, inappropriate behaviour certainly but a crime?

The scope of hate crime is ridiculous.  Indeed there should be no such thing as "hate crime" on the statute.  Legislation exists regarding incitement to commit a crime. The very idea of "hate crime" is political correct nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

Is calling someone a “poofter” a hate crime as the head of London transport says:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42584168

Socially unacceptable, bullying, inappropriate behaviour certainly but a crime?

The head of TfL is using the term hate crime. No one has charged the bus driver with any crime at all at the moment, or in fact identified him.

Petulant, stupid and insulting it may have been, but my view is that there has to be a threshold below which no crime is committed, or at most just a generic public order crime.  

In fact, my understanding is that the term 'Hate Crime' in England and Wales refers not to a specific offence but to an aggravating factor in relation to sentencing on conviction for certain offences, such as murder or assault. So if this was taken further, the 'hate crime' element might lead to a somewhat harsher sentence for, I don't know, maybe insulting behaviour.

Could it be a case of a bit of a dispute between two vehicle drivers and one of them looking for a bit of "afters" by  making allegations in the hope that his protagonist  ends up getting the "bullet"?

I Don't know  "Will"  but I'm advised that he perhaps doesn't  react well to criticism , didn't he have a bit of a 'flounce' on that dancing strictly thingy ?

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, Rog said:

The scope of hate crime is ridiculous.  Indeed there should be no such thing as "hate crime" on the statute.  Legislation exists regarding incitement to commit a crime. The very idea of "hate crime" is political correct nonsense. 

So where do you stand on so called "Anti-Semitism" then?

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

So where do you stand on so called "Anti-Semitism" then?

I find it pathetic and based on bigotry based on totally unfounded stupidity and memes unlike so-called islamophobia which is very well founded on fact. 

Providing anti-Semitism is not urging people to commit crimes against Jewish people and resources why not allow people to continue to demonstrate their innate ability to be the total fools that they are.

38 minutes ago, Rog said:

I find it pathetic and based on bigotry based on totally unfounded stupidity and memes unlike so-called islamophobia which is very well founded on fact. 

Providing anti-Semitism is not urging people to commit crimes against Jewish people and resources why not allow people to continue to demonstrate their innate ability to be the total fools that they are.

Straight Outta Compton Hasbara

35 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

A phobia is an irrational fear, doofus.

The word islamophobia is an example of political correctness. What it refers to is far from being in any way irrational, in fact the precise opposite.

Archived