Freedom of Thought and Speech

Chinahand

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Observer said:

I hear your attention span goes as you get older. The cleaner Twitter format looks better I think. It’s much easier to read than the old ones. 

https://cueballsdiaryofasadman.wordpress.com/2017/12/29/this-week-week-ending-29th-december/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I was being a bit ironic. I should of added 'hun'.

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

According to you. Part of the reason I signed up here was to see if that would appear again. I think it’s quite good. I think the link to the Twitter version works better presentationally:

https://cueballsdiaryofasadman.wordpress.com/2017/12/29/this-week-week-ending-29th-december/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Of course you did Cueball...

7 hours ago, Declan said:

For me things that get branded Politically Correct are just good manners. 

In fact, the concept was created or at least populised in reaction to anti-racism and anti-homophobia etc initiatives. It's an easy way to group quite reasonable ideas with more loopy ones and dismiss them all. 

nah- its when a afghan immigrant of a certain faith drives a car at white folk and its not terror related....

9 hours ago, The Observer said:

K hun, hope u ok babes xx :)

It is clearer to read in that format though I think. 

Still adding your link to your postings then cueball ... :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Still adding your link to your postings then cueball ... :rolleyes:

You seem to be jumping to some very strange conclusions. I was commenting on the improvement in the link format and therefore it made sense to re-link it. You seem to have a lot to say that has no basis in reality or fact. 

On 28/12/2017 at 11:05 PM, woolley said:

Not especially, China. All he is doing is acknowledging in a half-hearted and overly verbose manner, that which is patently obvious to those of us who are not afflicted by the metastasised cancer that is political correctness. Nature teaches us that birds of a feather flock together. It is the law of nature from time immemorial and we are of nature. We scorn its laws at our peril.

Birds of a feather do indeed flock together.

But then, of course, in terms of speciation we are all 'birds of a feather'. There are no extent members of the genus Homo other than Homo sapiens. 

So with all due respect, I would suggest that what you call a law of nature is in fact just an idea, and that 'we' actually choose our flocks based on cultural ideas, geopolitics, food supply, land rights etc. etc.

One of the things I find Ironic is although we have Freedom of Speech instilled into our Country's Constitutions, there is no shortage of those within those Country's who actively Limit, Regulate or Censor your Free Speech.

I have been Censored so many times that I have Lost Count.

3X3

On 12/31/2017 at 2:22 AM, TheDruid-3X3 said:

One of the things I find Ironic is although we have Freedom of Speech instilled into our Country's Constitutions, there is no shortage of those within those Country's who actively Limit, Regulate or Censor your Free Speech.

I have been Censored so many times that I have Lost Count.

Censorship is alive and well in the Isle of Man you just need to accept that. 

IMO any restriction on absolute freedom of speech very soon knocks on to restriction of thought. Political Correctness is wrong, if a thing is found to be offensive to a person's values then tough, live with it or after a reason why but don't expect change to follow. Individuals views on the differences between races, ethnicities, and social norms simply reflect facts, similarly dislike of homosexuality behaviour is a personal thing.

While racism or social values should not automatically bar the progress that a person can make based on their abilities, nor should abnormal sexual predilections, it should be the absolute right for people to express their feelings about them.

I don't like snowflakes.

3 hours ago, Rog said:

IMO any restriction on absolute freedom of speech very soon knocks on to restriction of thought. Political Correctness is wrong

Not to the Muslims who use it as a Tool to Force Over their Agendas onto the rest of us.

And if we ever say anything against Sharia Law, they start Screaming that we are being "Politically Incorrect!!!".

They insist on the rest of us being Politically Correct but they practice Political Incorrectness All The Bloody Time!

3X3

Archived