Morgan's Pies

Katman

I ate all the pies... but not the pasties.

The pies are beauts, I particularly like the pork & black pud one. Good prices too, all £2.20/£2.30 for a big individual pie packed with filling. However the best thing is the water pastry, so crisp that they stay so even after a little warm in the microwave. 

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

Top selling pie though. Others, without seeds, are available.

What size are the 2.40 pies, 1or 2 people portions?

Good to know that the toppings are not universal.

I have always loved the range  from Muffins, but if you were not quick enough you got nothing.

Sign of a great bakery.

If the pies from Morgan's are of the same quality they will do very well. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2018 at 8:20 PM, dilligaf said:

Good to know that the toppings are not universal.

I have always loved the range  from Muffins, but if you were not quick enough you got nothing.

Sign of a great bakery.

If the pies from Morgan's are of the same quality they will do very well. :)

I read somewhere that there is a family connection, will be trying a Morgans pork and black pudding pie this evening, will report back.--------Nice Pie, big chunks of black pud worked well with the pork, good pastry, larger than I thought, could only handle half, other half on the morrow , ----£2 i think it was,  yeah, not unhappy, will try some more.

Edited by mollag
update

8 hours ago, mollag said:

I read somewhere that there is a family connection, will be trying a Morgans pork and black pudding pie this evening, will report back.--------Nice Pie, big chunks of black pud worked well with the pork, good pastry, larger than I thought, could only handle half, other half on the morrow , ----£2 i think it was,  yeah, not unhappy, will try some more.

I read that on Morgans website

• 3 years later...

Never heard of these until today when I saw a guy delivering them to Shoprite in Peel. Dont normally shop there as we live south. He seemed surprised I had never heard of them and said they were an excellent product. So, on his recommendation I bought a selection. Getting home I popped one in the oven. It was the beef curry one. Has to be the nicest pie I have ever eaten. Looking forward to the others. 

• Like 1