Bands that have played in the Isle of Man

gettafa

20 hours ago, quilp said:

Dan and the lads could regularly be found enjoying a drink at the long-gone Grosvenor at the end of Athol Street. Local band Nasty Piece of Work had a rented farmhouse where the college car park is now, top of Willaston. 3 quid entry and you could drink all you wanted from a little bar and on a Saturday night the lads from Naz and on occasion, from Badfinger, along with local musos, would jam into the wee hours. That'd be '74-'75. 

They were good value, and the farmhouse is still there!

47 minutes ago, pongo said:

^ so incredibly awful.

Strangely enough, that "incredibly awful" track went straight to number one in the German singles charts as did the album. Shortly after, it did the same in Russia, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, basically throughout the eastern bloc. As did the next single released from the album, 'Keep the Candle Burning'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quilp said:

Speaking of Chris Norman, that guitarist looks strangely familiar...

I think the guitarist is Docker (Paul Daugherty), it would make sense because as I remember it Chris Norman recorded a track with Black Riders when Docker was the guitarist.

• Thanks 1

Nice video, I've been to a few beach barbecue after the pubs down there, in my disco dancing shoes. Whatever perceived coolness soon drops off wearing that sort of footwear when you go down to the shore to skim stones with Suzie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1