Bands that have played in the Isle of Man

gettafa

• 3 months later...

Just found this.

It was a great gig. Mosh pit on the go, if you were standing by you were dragged in anyway. Charlie Harper chatting away in the bar after the gig. He was 61 then and seemed little different from when I saw the band as a student in the early 80s.  Brilliant stuff.

Nice one Earle. Apart from this one, I think I missed out on the Trafalgar.

271112448_20050819UKSubs011.jpg.069b562efa4a965793554ecd00e6a064.jpg

Edited by gettafa

On 6/30/2018 at 12:00 AM, gettafa said:

Just found this.

It was a great gig. Mosh pit on the go, if you were standing by you were dragged in anyway. Charlie Harper chatting away in the bar after the gig. He was 61 then and seemed little different from when I saw the band as a student in the early 80s.  Brilliant stuff.

Nice one Earle. Apart from this one, I think I missed out on the Trafalgar.

271112448_20050819UKSubs011.jpg.069b562efa4a965793554ecd00e6a064.jpg

I remember that being on, the fella who managed Twisted Angels brought them over. Didnt have a very good turn out as he was on the Manxbands website berating all and sundry for not showing up. Came across as a bit of a cock to be honest.

They were here twice I believe, and the band loved fishing out in a boat the next day. The turn out was ok as I remember but these things become blurred. The 'mosh-pit' (imagine I said that like a judge referring to 'a Beatle;) was brilliant though. 

The next time I came across such an invent was at Jaks when the CroTcH LiCe local punk band brought another punk band over to play in Jaks. The band played about a minute before the manager pulled the plug. He shit himself at all the energy and people apparently 'fighting' on the dance floor. 

Ah well, back to singalong poppy bands.

• 6 months later...
On 2/17/2018 at 2:32 PM, TheTeapot said:

That list you've posted mentions the meatloaf gig. I remember that happening but was too young to have gone, or have been interested in going. Wasn't it some kind of scam or something? Pretty sure I got told that Meatloaf didn't get paid and someone ran off with all the money.

Here's a newspaper clip from back then:

19900608 IMI p01 Meatloaf.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I’m doing some research into bands that played at the Lido in the 1970s. I saw a few myself including 10cc, Atomic Rooster, Procul Harum etc.

There is a lot of good information in earlier posts that I can dig into, but if anyone has memories of dates etc. that would be great help.

Thanks.

On 7/27/2023 at 9:30 AM, Hillside said:

I’m doing some research into bands that played at the Lido in the 1970s. I saw a few myself including 10cc, Atomic Rooster, Procul Harum etc.

There is a lot of good information in earlier posts that I can dig into, but if anyone has memories of dates etc. that would be great help.

Thanks.

Ask Andy Wint of Manx Radio. When he first popped up on the Isle of Man he asked long and loud for people's memories of bands playing on the Island as he was going to 'write a book' (aren't we all).

He got all the info he needed to establish himself as Mr Bands Isle of Man (or so he thought) and never, as far as I know, wrote the book.

• Like 1