Phone Companes

Jools

I haven't had that problem with the telephone but I did, last week, receive two pretty hilarious spam emails. Never seen anything like it.

The first was about some guy from Africa who had apprently come into money and for some reason could not get hold of it unless he had someone else sign for it. I really didn't understand the thinking behind it nor remember the details but it was a huge email and at the end it was asking for £50 and my bank details. B*gger off!

The second was about some woman from Burkino Faso who was writing to me about wanting to leave the bountiful Sahara region and needed to get married to leave the country. Apparently she had the idea that I was all up for this and all I had to do is fork out some cash for it to happen. If only this poor, impoverished woman knew I was a gayboy! Though seriously, what this email was even barmier. These must get sent out to loads of people. Is there anybody STUPID enough to dish out cash?? If there is, I want to have a go!

As somebody mentioned, when places are cold calling the numbers are usually random so they can pick up ex-directory too. When my friend worked at a marketing company he used to get some very irate people shouting back at him, though no fault of his.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who was it that decided to correspond with one of these scammers, was it Monkey_Magic?

Whoever it was, their replies were excellent.

Good old 419's - don't remember it on the forum, but there used to be a guy on the web that took the p*ss out of them big time - replying to their emails and basically driving them insane with stupid questions and emails - was a really good laugh..

Couldn't find the url for that (anyone heard of it?) but Snopes has something on the good old Nigerians:

Click me now please

And there's a site out there promoting Scambaiting - sounds like a fun sport!

Click me as well

Archived