Phone Companes

Jools

Has anyone got the url to the counter telesales script that was doing the rounds last year?

I did have a hardcopy of it knocking about somewhere but can't find it and I don't have the url bookmarked.

That was class, well worth a go if anyone has the patience to follow it through.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we have a poll for "What would be the best voice/style for the counter telemarketing script"

1. Frank Spencer

2. Kenneth Williams

3. George from Rainbow

4. Darth Vader

5. Captain Kirk

6. Bill and Ted. Excellent !!

I can reccommend the telephone preference service and the fax preference service, I used to get a bunch of junk faxes every day just wasting paper, and the usual selection of "Hi", "you have been selected..." and "we can save you loads on your BT line costs" (again they get stumped when you say you don't have a BT line, and it all goes quiet whilst they look for the next question on the crib sheet)

I must say that it is now rare that I get stray paper out of the fax and junk phone calls just get hung up without an answer.

Good point actually. I'll ask a couple of people that are ex-directory to see if they've ever received spam calls.

i was at my friends house yesterday, and she received a call from a foreign person on her ex directory landline. after a while we managed to figure out that it was one of these calls. about 2 minutes into the call this guy started becoming aggressive and asking for an older person (there wasn't anyone else) and started shouting! we couldn't understand what he was saying and he was getting annoyed lol. we hung up. a little while later we got another call from a foreign person promoting something. we simply said we don't want it then they hung up immediately. that person seemed friendlier!

Archived