Micropub

Lxxx

On 6/12/2018 at 10:30 AM, Donald Trumps said:

At one time up to 1 in 10 houses had licenses to brew & sell beer I believe

Most of what was brewed would have been low in alcohol - known as small beer. The whole family, even children would drink it. The brewing process made it safer to drink than plain water.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

In reply to Dilligaf, you are correct and I am the other of the Two Fellas and I was founder of the CAMRA Isle of Man Beer and Cider Festival. Thanks for all the kind comments from MF members, they've meant a lot to us - we are just a couple of middle aged blokes who should know better really!

Take-over day for the Whitehouse is Monday 12th November. There will be one or two changes but nothing significant I don't think.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Charles Miller said:

In reply to Dilligaf, you are correct and I am the other of the Two Fellas and I was founder of the CAMRA Isle of Man Beer and Cider Festival. Thanks for all the kind comments from MF members, they've meant a lot to us - we are just a couple of middle aged blokes who should know better really!

Take-over day for the Whitehouse is Monday 12th November. There will be one or two changes but nothing significant I don't think.

N K will be a hard act to follow, but Good Luck. There is a big market out there for you to tap. You may do better than you thought.:thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

N K will be a hard act to follow, but Good Luck. There is a big market out there for you to tap. You may do better than you thought.:thumbsup:

It would be impossible to do worse than H&B are doing st the moment! Not that the Whitey is H&B I think,

11 minutes ago, finlo said:
19 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

It would be impossible to do worse than H&B are doing st the moment! Not that the Whitey is H&B I think,

Free house if memory serves.

You only have to look at how the only brewery pub in Peel does (The Highwayman) compared to the rest to see how effective their business model is. It's sandwiched in between the only housing estate that can be seen from space and it's still empty every night of the week.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...