5G Network Radiation?

manxy

9 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Because not living in close proximity to sources of these frequencies and transmissions and their risks has allowed you to develop into an angry paranoid raving lunatic. Maybe getting your brain zapped could help you calm down and cheer up.

Flattery will get you nowhere! 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we could put one of the large 5G antennas on top of every government office it’d save us a fortune in pension payments. A proportion of em won’t reach pensionable age. 

A pal of mine in the U.K. is an electrical engineer, very bright bloke, and he’s just moved house because they put a 5G antenna outside his house. He knows enough about it to know it’s not good for his newborn baby to be blasted with it 24/7. 

One point worth note is that in the case of radio signals the field strength generated at a given distance is quoted, and that is then used to make statements about any hazard that exists based on established safe limits.

But there's a "gotcha" and that is that the radiating source is chopped up, in the case of "old school" being turned on and off rapidly, but now by changes in frequency or phase or both, and the effect of that on living things has had very little research done let alone published.

There's a whole lot of research been undertaken and written up in the case of high voltage high current power distribution lines and there was an article in the IEE journal years ago titled "The Killing Fields" but try as I might I can't find it now.

Google "overhead power line radiation hazards" if you want something to do on a sweltering afternoon!

Although the frequency of the power distribution is low, and very very much lower than that from a cell site it's the modulation of that cell site radiation that may / does create a hazard.

26 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Distance is your friend apparently. As long as you don’t live on a street with 5G antennae outside your bedroom window on top of a lamppost you're alright. . 

In essence, yes but just how much at a hazard 5G or for that matter any cell tower is to people is at least moot. Check out "inverse square law" on Google to find out why distance is your friend but keep in mind that highly directional aerials are often used which result in non-circular radiation patterns.

17 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

So we should find all the safety studies and related information on the 5G rollout on Manx Telecom’s website then. 

Probably find out it'll be "commercially sensitive".

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, Lxxx said:

Distance is your friend apparently. As long as you don’t live on a street with 5G antennae outside your bedroom window on top of a lamppost you're alright. . 

untitled.png.ea01974290d691943e95193d1cf94a77.png

As I said, the pal of mine who mentioned it is about the least tinfoil hat wearing person you could meet, an electrical engineer by trade and has worked in telecoms. H's very much a scientist in his way of thinking. His point of view is that the new frequencies are experimental and no-one knows the safety of them as yet and as he lives on a street with no front garden and they have put a 5G antennae on top of the lamppost a few feet away from his young daughters bedroom he'll err on the side of caution and move house, which he has done.

Seems pretty prudent to me.   

20 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

On the plus side we'll save a fortune on street lighting...as 50% of us will have balls that glow in the dark.

Do you often walk the streets at night with your testicles exposed? Yes, you probably do. 

7 hours ago, Lxxx said:

As I said, the pal of mine who mentioned it is about the least tinfoil hat wearing person you could meet, an electrical engineer by trade and has worked in telecoms. H's very much a scientist in his way of thinking. His point of view is that the new frequencies are experimental and no-one knows the safety of them as yet and as he lives on a street with no front garden and they have put a 5G antennae on top of the lamppost a few feet away from his young daughters bedroom he'll err on the side of caution and move house, which he has done.

Just needs heavier grade tin foil in his hat. Simple.;)

I was sent this and not one to shy or look the other away, I'm adding it to this topic as it seemed relevant. 

There have been claims that the US Government have been doing secret testing on their servicemen and one document suggested that people could be manipulated by these signals. This technology was apparently around in the 1970's and one wonders as to what breakthroughs have been found since then?

It is said that 20 Hz is one of the lowest frequencies that we can hear and yet this diagram suggests affects lower than that range

(Edit - Changed MZ to HZ - Thanks guys)

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 20.23.03.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 20.23.36.png

7 hours ago, Lxxx said:

You have made some good points fairly. 

High frequency / short wavelength certainly might be an issue - but the main issue is the sheer number of stations in close proximity to the users required to provide coverage.

And the simple fact is that we don't actually need what 5G offers. We don't need an "internet of things". FWIW I wouldn't want to sleep close to any radio transmitter - including a wifi router.

Archived